Intro and a question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by PureClearYork, Mar 18, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. PureClearYork

PureClearYork Member

Hi

Left the corporate world behind last year and set up window cleaning with wfp. This forum has provided some great pointers!! Hoping for further advice now..........

Wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem?? One of my rural customers has what look like rain spots on the windows of one side of the house - everywhere else is fine. Have tried thorough cleaning with wfp, trad method, various detergents and even a scraper, but nothing seems to shift it. Has appeared after wind and storms. Don't want to use anything too abrasive in case damages wooden frames.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi PureClearYork and welcome to the forum;)

Is it just on some lower window?

3. PureClearYork

PureClearYork Member

Thanks Smurf

It's on ground and first floor, but only on one side of the property, the side that has worst exposure to wind/weather.

4. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

It sounds more like tap water spray from watering hanging baskets etc. which will leave deposits on windows. (hard to remove). There are some chemical which will remove these such as unger rub out or Winsol Crystal Clear (which I use). I found that my patio doors which when I moved into house were covered with water marks, I tried Winsol Crystal Clear and rubbed gentley with white or green scourer did the trick. (don't rub too hard, you may scratch windows). Link below.

http://www.soapnational.co.uk/acatalog/CHEMICALS-AND-ACIDS-p1.html

5. cheapncheerful

hi welcome PureClearYork, i have some windows similar which i believe has been caused by something leaching out of the sandstone lintels i am going to try what barney recommends...thankyou barney..and somewhere else someone recommends Virosol or clitty bang....okay cilit bang limescale remover.....only problem i have is finding space in my boot...

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

When you say you have tried chem what exactly have you tried?

7. PureClearYork

PureClearYork Member

Have tried Cilit Bang, glass cleaner (can't remember brand) and washing up liquid. All equally ineffective unfortunately.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

H-man posted a great vid a while back which is a very quick way to restore glass.
    I will take a quick look to see if I can find it for you

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Looks like your in good hands with our lovely members, and smurf is off hunting for the vid. You can always red on the forum to offer a helping hand. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. cheapncheerful

er well not so sure about this one but ....toothpaste ....you have to leave it to dry though ...i learnt it was used to remove small scratches from glass but went off the idea when the person said you had to keep doing it for half an hour.....

Advertisement