Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Introduction and progression

WCF

Help Support WCF:

been a while. 

I've quit my full time job and started to focus on the window cleaning. I've got 32 customers without doing a leaflet drop or any canvassing, found the app nextdoor really job as people love a local small business. I'm enjoying being out on my own books are ok to manage at the moment, will look at using an electronic system in the near future. customers are ranging from £8 - £90 per clean averaging £18 per clean.

I've been asked to quote on a bungalow which has a conservatory, the roof has an apex and i have no idea how i would get behind to clean (pics below) customer wouldn't want me standing on the roof. (also i'm still purely trad) an ideas would be very welcome.

Chris

View attachment 25261

View attachment 25262
With the apex against the roof I'd personally use a safe set of ladder,

Use a swivel 18" unger applicator and swivel squeegee and pull towards you horizontally on an angle which should make it an easy clean, detail the edges with a scrim on a pole

Did custy specifically ask about the roof? Normally roof is a 'special' job done maybe once a year at a good price!!! I have a few that have conservatories and generally only do side windows each clean.

You could possible clean the glass at the rear with applicator and squeegee on a pole but getting the upvc clean might be tricky. Easiest way is wfp but that's not easy when you haven't got the kit.

Don't be afraid to say you can't do the roof at the moment. Alternatively say you will have trouble doing the glass on the roof side but you will do your best. Under promise and over deliver ? 

Well done on custys. I have similar number after 5 weeks of leaflet dropping. Stopped dropping leaflets about 3 weeks ago when covid numbers went loopy. Hope to restart in next few weeks. I have found that if you can speak to people they are much more likely to agree to a clean as they get a sense of who you are. Picked up 3 jobs in 1 street as elderly lady was out in garden when I was dropping leaflets and I just asked if she had a regular window cleaner? She didn't, so quoted, she accepted and passed me on to 2 more of her neighbours who all agreed. 

Good luck and stay safe.

Welcome , to be honest the only way to do that roof properly is it get on the roof, with wfp you could probably do a bit from each end but trad wouldn’t be easy . Unless you scrubb it with an applicator and rinse with the garden hose depending on tap TDS and just let it dry naturally. 

been a while. 

I've quit my full time job and started to focus on the window cleaning. I've got 32 customers without doing a leaflet drop or any canvassing, found the app nextdoor really job as people love a local small business. I'm enjoying being out on my own books are ok to manage at the moment, will look at using an electronic system in the near future. customers are ranging from £8 - £90 per clean averaging £18 per clean.

I've been asked to quote on a bungalow which has a conservatory, the roof has an apex and i have no idea how i would get behind to clean (pics below) customer wouldn't want me standing on the roof. (also i'm still purely trad) an ideas would be very welcome.

Chris
Bloody awesome mate, well done on quitting your job. I've not got too many more custy and I feel like I have 'Buy everything in sight' itus!

Keep plodding along and keep us updated!

Latest Posts

Back