Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Arrrgggg

CNS-southwest

So the mondeo has decided to start chucking out a lot of smoke on start up..... /emoticons/sad.png so do I give it a full on service and hope that's the issue, or do I cut my losses, sell it and get a Zafira ....

Arrgggggg

Blue - but diesel burns blue also and a turbo engine will seep oil through the stems if the oil is old and thin....

Or it could be injectors and at £200 for test plus £190+vat+fitting per injector....I ain't going there lol

I wouldn't go for a zafira though!

My mates next doors neighbours spent about 3 grand fixing it and they didn't have the car for long, about as old as my car too lol

Get a Toyota Corola /emoticons/smile.png

My mates a mechanic and he loves his corolla ( (7 seater) seats fold flat btw)

New modern cars are getting harder to fix for the home mechanic, he goes on how his car is build by a mechanical genius lol

I'm a qualified mech too.

The mrs mum has one and never gone wrong ....

I hear the petrol ones are not so great though .....

Only have a 1.5k budget.

When looking on auto trader I see loads with 200,000 miles so they can't be that bad, maybe your mate has n unlucky one ??

Blue - but diesel burns blue also and a turbo engine will seep oil through the stems if the oil is old and thin....
Or it could be injectors and at £200 for test plus £190+vat+fitting per injector....I ain't going there lol
my mates just gone down that route with his Peugeot £900 down the drain and it wasn't the injectors no refund

The issues I have isn't finding the problem.

The fact is its nearing the 100,000 - I need a new bumper and rear light.

It need a full diagnostic done by a Delphi agent.

Plus repairs to whatever is wrong with engine, which is most likely fueling related based on the error codes.

So injectors or fuel pump being the most likley. Which both likley to cost near te £1k mark each.

Then anywhere between now and 110,000 the DMF is likley to fail which is another £1k

Not to mention in struggling to fit all the car cleaning gear in lol

Problem is selling it as it is will only get me a small amount of money back /emoticons/sad.png

The van will be separate mate and I don't have the money to insure a van yet or buy one lol.

Need 7 seater for our kiddies and the sis in laws kiddie, plus extra boot space for all my gear till I have my van /emoticons/smile.png

Back