Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pvcu Cleaning

Mart1001

Hi lads/ladies...

I had a phone call tonight from a customer than is having blinds fitted on Wednesday and wants me to clean her insides before they do. I've quoted her to clean the glass but then I got to thinking...what if her frames are a little dirty....if she's a smoker for example. I will naturally wipe the frames over but, I would like to be able to offer something a little better, should I think it warrents it....of course, I would have to up the price.

I would just like to be able to have something to hand that I can throw in the back of the car anyway...for example when I smear that black stuff over the frames and can't get it off with soap n water.

Can anyone advise me on what would be best ?

I've read alot of people seem to just say they use Cif and then others say 'no...it's abbrasive' etc and to use something like Everbuild PCVu solvent or something. And then another bloke claiming to be a glass cutter that always uses Cif.

But if Cif...which one as there's loads of Cif products ? I can't seem to find Everbuild listed in a commercial shop...homebase for example and I really want it tomorrow so that I can try it on my own inside frames...I don't want to wait for online shopping.

As I say, I would like to be able to have something I can carry in the car if ever I need it. I'd like to be able to offer the best service I can and, have the tools/ingredients to do the job. Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction as coming back to window cleaning after all these years away, PVCu is a new thing to me as most window frames were either metal or wooden back in the day.

Thanks for everything guys...

Mart.

Magic Sponge and water, I've known about these for yrs but never really used any until it was mentioned on here and believe me NOTHING will clean it faster. Dont use it on the glass though it is abrasive but just once on upvc I've done it loads of times now and doesn't affect the finish.

Agree 100% with dodger

And if a smoker you'll need to "pre clean" with a washing up liquid and vinegar mix /emoticons/smile.png

For inside work just for a quick wipe over I've also used upvc type wipes or just a damp mircro cloth and a magic sponge to get rid of any tough marks.

Now if they wanted to pay extra would spend a lot of time on each window frame and deep clean them all with something like a upvc cream cleaner. Also would clean the opener channels as well to boot. A steamer I've found is good for cleaning openers as gets in all the crevices then just wipe dry with a micro cloth..

May I add I would not use a upvc solvent cleaner indoors as it stinks and you soon will get high on the fumes.

Thanks alot guys.

So, I've asked the missus to bring me a 'super sponge' on her way home from work. I take it that PVCu cream is more of a commercial product then and the solvent, industrial ?

So, if I look out for Everbuild PCVu cream...that would be the best thing to carry in my car ?

Mart.

Any upvc cream cleaner like Everbuild brand would do to be honest. Also those white pad & sponge chepo dish washing sponges you get in packs from a supermarket I find are handy to use to apply cream cleaner and can use the white pad to scrub as doesn't scratch plastic. You can also use something like ubik 2000 as found it good to get rid of grime.

you can get the everbuild stuff in screwfix or similar from memory.

ive used TFR diluted down on new build PVC and it works and leaves a slick finish

I get it from a local valet guy ( auto smart ) I think he's called.....mix it in a spray bottle about 20mm tfr to 80mm water cleans everything......

I get it from a local valet guy ( auto smart ) I think he's called.....mix it in a spray bottle about 20mm tfr to 80mm water cleans everything......
autosmart is good stuff - they also sell very good glue & gum remover that we use for new build windows called Tardis (£15 odd for 5 litres) and also use their TFR

Bonnymans TFR600 is very good (but strong so highly dilatable)

Latest Posts

Back