Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ionic systems are they worth it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

WindowN00B

Looking at a new van as customer numbers are increasing but I want to know if I should just set up my own tanks and system or if ionic systems really make a difference on water quality, maintenance and just general day to day work I have the money to spend just not sure if I'm going to regret it in a few months having to replace broken parts and things.

God forbid someone rear ended me I know witch one I’d prefer in the back of the van

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

And if you not looking to spend the money on ionics Stephen scargill puts together some nice units

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

A friends brother took me out to show me the ropes before I got started. The company he works for use ionics. The van looked pretty professional but you’ve got to ask yourself, how often does a customer look inside the van?

Listening to some of the experienced guys on here I decided to go ahead and make my own set up. To the untrained eye it looks really professional. It’s only when you compare it to the likes of Ionics that you start to feel like you’ve just finished an episode of scrapheap challenge.

For me the only cons were;

A full van system looks more professional

It’s a lot tidier than a homemade system

I haven’t got the technical skills to fit connections to the outside of the van that Ionic have

During the set up everything leaked... literally everything at one point or another haha!!

The pros;

it was cheaper to set up... a lot cheaper

if something needs fixing I can do it myself (normally with some advice from the helpful people on here) and it will be out of action for hours not days

if the van dies the set up can be transferred to a new one without getting someone in to do it for me

i can’t see how the water quality could be better, I mean pure water is pure water right?

I started out on DI resin but If I had the extra money I would have invested it in a full RO system in my garage. Not long started up myself so all this is fresh in my mind. Hope it helps!

worms worms worms quick open the can of worms !!!!!!!!

thing is this its about the cash nothing else matters , so if your good with a spanner and can fix everything meaning no down time then why not spend the cash and get a top system i love them ! and think there great who ever makes them , but go the full hog and speed line the full van and everything 

however if you cant fix anything like me weather thats laziness or lack of tools ect ect then a trip to the supplier can cost you big time and sometimes your whole business ! with fuel , lost down time , losing work ect ect it will cost you alot of £

i follow carpet cleaner i knew 15 years a go sold a old truck-mount cleaner because it started to look old and bought a all new singing and dancing unit , oh dear this is where it went wrong , he lived in Scotland and the supplier was in Essex and after two years of hell and over 20 trips up and down south he had to pack in and call it a day this new unit cost him hie whole business in the end , the lost money the ill heath with the worries and he couldn't fix the dam thing or get parts for it 

worst thing is ive still got his old cleaner ( the old looking one ) as a  spare unit ,  i ran it for 8 full years after he sold it to me with out one bit of down time at all . it still does a days work a month to this day ! something for you to think about is the after care 

Build it yourself.  A bit of careful planning and it can look every bit as professional.  

Save a few grand and have a nice tropical holiday. 

And as above pure water is pure water. As long as you a at 000 PPM then happy days. 

Latest Posts

Back