Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to all this

whitbyliverpool

Im new to window cleaning and looking on going canvassing either tomorrow or Wednesday, few questions for you guys, does anyone leave ladders on there round? If so what's the best way to go about it? If I canvas 100 houses how many will say yes based on your previous experiences? Also looking to start off with light gear ie bucket on a belt with aplicator, squeegee and scraper in, scrim/micro fibre, spray bottle, Any advice for canvassing (how many to canvas etc) Cheers lads

Im new to window cleaning and looking on going canvassing either tomorrow or Wednesday, few questions for you guys, does anyone leave ladders on there round? If so what's the best way to go about it? If I canvas 100 houses how many will say yes based on your previous experiences? Also looking to start off with light gear ie bucket on a belt with aplicator, squeegee and scraper in, scrim/micro fibre, spray bottle, Any advice for canvassing (how many to canvas etc) Cheers lads

Hello mate!!! On the canvassing front to be honest the more you do the more jobs your likely to pick up. If you set yourself I need this many in a hundred door knocks you will become disheartened. You could knock 200 doors one day and nothing then the next day go down a little cul De sac and get 2 or 3. But if you put the hours in you will get the work. Good luck mate

As for leaving ladders mate its providing the customer is all right with that, most are ok with it , just make sure they aren't in their way ie in the way of getting their bins out or in the grass in case they want to cut it. For your own peace of mind you can leave a bike lock or chain around them

I canvassed 101 last week and got 6 customers in a very affluent area in london.

There is deffinatley alot of window cleaners around.

But there is work but..... you have to put many hours and miles in to get them.

There are a lot of window cleaners around but there are lots of Windows! If you knock on doors and advertise till you can't do anymore then do some more and are polite and do a good job you will be fine.

Dont be put off by a few saying 'I have a window cleaner' There are tons that don't. My postcode (NG4) has 18'000 residential addresses alone so there ain't any one single window cleaner that has a monopoly.

It really is a numbers game. The more you knock the more you get.

Latest Posts

Back