Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie from Corporate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jamesthered

ive just started with going solo shortly, shadowing my brother in law. Just about get van, kit etc. Already found business. Come from a corporate lifestyle for last 20odd yrs health has made me look at something less stressful, so here I am. Given up all the shenanigans of the global businesses.

A bit scared really but excited about earning, building a business and a (relatively) stress free lifestyle

What you get stressed about Steve ?
Nothing major. But you might have the odd tos$er custie, gates not being left unlocked, equipment failure etc. I'm being pedantic as I've been in this game a long time now so its the silly little things that bring on the red mist

Nothing major. But you might have the odd tos$er custie, gates not being left unlocked, equipment failure etc. I'm being pedantic as I've been in this game a long time now so its the silly little things that bring on the red mist
My dad was in double glazing

Constantly hassled by fuss pots and let down by **** payers

My mates a builder he just flooded someone's house cost him £1200 !

Not much can go wrong cleaning windows

My dad was in double glazing Constantly hassled by fuss pots and let down by **** payers

My mates a builder he just flooded someone's house cost him £1200 !

Not much can go wrong cleaning windows
My mate Joes ladder blew over last year on one of his customers new car, cost him a fortune. Something can go wrong to anyone.

Anyway its a great job to be in and now I need sleep, goodnight fellow windies

Welcome James. This is not a stress free job I.m.o, but certainly less stressful than the corporate world, good luck
And West Ham fans invading the forum. It's far from peaceful for Steve!

the good thing about this job is that once youv got a marketing system set up and CONSTANTLY running so that it rolls in new work like the tide [/flyer/website/facebook page etc ] anyone on the roundwho gives you grief [ slow payer,awful face expression etc] you simply drop them off . very few if any other jobs work like this

dont ever try to please a fusspot/slow payer/sh/tface thinking that by "going the extra mile" youll get satisfaction from a job well done blah blah everyones smiling -you wont. drop them immediately the moaning starts is my tip.

only last week a customer of mine whose very religious and pays properly i overheard her being sh/tty to one of my workers who had simply asked her to open the sidegate please,

i will never see her again

Last edited:
My mate Joes ladder blew over last year on one of his customers new car, cost him a fortune. Something can go wrong to anyone.Anyway its a great job to be in and now I need sleep, goodnight fellow windies
Well give us a clue what your disagreeing with?

ive just started with going solo shortly, shadowing my brother in law. Just about get van, kit etc. Already found business. Come from a corporate lifestyle for last 20odd yrs health has made me look at something less stressful, so here I am. Given up all the shenanigans of the global businesses.
A bit scared really but excited about earning, building a business and a (relatively) stress free lifestyle
Hi welcome, what background are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Back