Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Public Liability Insurance

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So who is the actual insurance firms you have the policy's with?

Gleaming are brokers for Hiscox

That's high for window cleaning

Although My dads liability insurance is 5k a year lol
5mill public liability - 10mill employers liability, covers me for widow cleaning, roof cleaning, conservatory cleaning, pressure washing, UPVC cleaning and gutter cleaning.

Really good deal, well comparing to to others I have found

5mill public liability - 10mill employers liability, covers me for widow cleaning, roof cleaning, conservatory cleaning, pressure washing, UPVC cleaning and gutter cleaning.

Roof cleaning an employees is probs why it's higher than other windies.

Not that bad for that cover then actually.

Sounds a very good deal to me...did you get that quote from gleaming?

I notice quite a few of you are taking out cover including damage to property worked. Most public liability policies these days have a £250 excess so scratching a window is quite possibly going to be less than your excess anyway which pretty much makes this extension worthless in most cases.

I took out an online policy without damage to property worked upon and got £1,000,000 cover for £58 for the year. Maybe worth considering for some of you who are trying to save a bit on the insurance?

Most set their excess high so ppl don't bother to put in a claim unless they really have to. For an example if you damaged a window above a conservatory or 3-4 floors up for example then see how much it would cost to repair/replace by a firm that need to use access equipment to do the job safely :rolleyes:

Having just a cheap basic public liability insurunce policy theses days just to save a few pounds is not the way to go in my book so would not advise anyone to do so.

Hi Smurf,

Yes can see your point that a window may cost a lot more than its value to replace depending on its location. Maybe this is just my specific scenario but I only clean easy access windows (ground level and 1st floor by ladder) so my theory is that replacing them should not require anything too drastic.

My Public Liability Insurance (in my eyes) is only to cover me for the big things (i.e. dropping equipment on someones head, etc.) and therefore my "cheap" policy covers me perfectly. Was reading through the cover the other night and it doesn't seem that basic. It seem quite extensive in what it does cover - even has free business legal assistance (what I need that for I don't know but I like the word "free"). The only thing I could see it specifically excluding was the damage to glass being cleaned.

Lol legal cover is a rip off, they have after then event cover anyway. Lol

To be honest even if your excess isn't that high... Is it for example

Worth claiming for a £500 peice of glass , when your excess is £250. The answer is no... Because it will effect the price of your insurance for the next three years. So you'll end up paying your £259 excess and around £300+ extra on premiums over the next 3 years (depending on your current price)

My Public Liability Insurance (in my eyes) is only to cover me for the big things (i.e. dropping equipment on someones head, etc.) and therefore my "cheap" policy covers me perfectly.
If that ie happens then your policy won't pay out for it as you didn't secure your tools to avoid it happening, so you yourself would have to pay out for any damage caused.

If that ie happens then your policy won't pay out for it as you didn't secure your tools to avoid it happening, so you yourself would have to pay out for any damage caused.
Unless the tool was in use

Unless the tool was in use
Even if the tool is in use. With the working at heights regulations any tools being used is to be strapped to prevent them being dropped. Like the hand tools should be strapped to u using a lanyard.

Even if the tool is in use. With the working at heights regulations any tools being used is to be strapped to prevent them being dropped. Like the hand tools should be strapped to u using a lanyard.

Touché my friend lol didn't think of that

Back