Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just bought a round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

OutlaneWC

As the title says I've just bought a round of a fellow forum member and he's introducing me to the customers tomorrow and Thursday..I just wonders would I leave them with s little letter explaining who you aRe and why he's selling? Also would I say thing likes when collect is etc etc

Short notice I know but any help appreciated

I would leave people with your contact details

And ones that are not in will need a note

I wouldn't explain about the other guy - who cares ! That's not your problem let him do that he's getting paid with your cash

It's in Middlestown over Wakefield way, I'm good for barrels at the minute lol

Yeah well hes taking me round tomoz so guna explain what I'm taking over and that..so should I write a bit about myself

Where I'm from?

How long I've been window cleaning?

What other stuff I do?

Sorry the first post is a bit of a mess was in car when I sent it

Well I would say the smoother the better so keep it simple

People usually are ok but one or two may be a bit unsure at first

first impressions can last, being friendly on first meet will help for sure good luck

I've been looking for a round in wakefield for 2 years and you go and find one before me.:666:

I don't go that far out actually closest I get that way is Horbury. Good luck mate

Nice one . It's ok knocking doors canvassing but you can't beat a compact round already established . Is he gunna work it with you the first clean . This is the easiest and smoothest way of taking over a round . The custys that are in see you with the guy they've known years and that gives em confidence . The ones that aren't in just drop a note or call back with the guy your buying off . Good luck .

When I took over a round I cleaned with the retiring windie...he just said to the customers "this is Dan, I'm retiring and he will continue if you want him to"...they all did...was given the address book with all some notes on every property (climb over garage, money hiding places, leave note for bank transfer etc)...I would do exactly the same if I was getting rid of the round.

So went and met a lot of the customers today everything went good, all seemed happy and the bloke took me round was sound and explained everything bang on! Happy days!

@adamangler I've been looking for ages even when I was in Australia and wasn't even comin home lol I let one go last month and saw that one and didn't want to be kickin myself again

Boys I have been offered a round to the 4 weekly value of £1000 what is a fair price to pay for it?
Lots of Q's to ask before considering a fair price for it IMO.

You need to see the round and the prices to decide what you will pay.

Found a round last week 1000 a month wanted 6 grand but the average price he had was only 8 quid mainly semis. That made the round only worth 2x in my eyes. If he had much better prices would have paid 6x.

Decide what it's worth to you. Fir example I'm online only. So if it's all cash collection again it's worth less

If your happy with the prices on the round and there mostly keepers/long standing customers in a area you want then go for it, 35 working days and then you start to make some coin.

Back