Is anyone on a watermeter?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by JBC88, Jul 3, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Hi my mate was filling up his tank with water ready for work when somebody from the water board saw him and asked if he was on a water meter? Currently he isn't but by monday that could change :(
    I wondered If anyone uses wfp and is on a water meter?
    Is it possible to do so for same money? I imagine that you would have to charge accordingly for the cost of water.

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

thats a very good post....are they going to start spying on windys now and trying to force them on meters..:specs

.i never use wfp honest...well i havent as of yet but its just arrived...but if you are from the water board...i am sending it back....:whistle:

my bloomin water /sewage charge is £60 a month....grrrrr:eek:

3. JBC88

JBC88 Member

Lol no not from water board it was a chance meeting with mybmate and water board man..if they are on a clampdown I hope their window cleaner whacks his price up for cleaning their windows. A water company wont use a trad guy will they due to H&S..if they have a wfp guy they must be aware that loads of cleaners use wfp now.

cheapncheerful, post: 175617, member: 7621"]thats a very good post....are they going to start spying on windys now and trying to force them on meters..:specs

.i never use wfp honest...well i havent as of yet but its just arrived...but if you are from the water board...i am sending it back....:whistle:

my bloomin water /sewage charge is £60 a month....grrrrr:eek:[/QUOTE]
    Lol no I

4. cheapncheerful

and i plan to use as much waste as possible in the garden anyway....yes the safety aspect is a good selling point...

5. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I was on a meter in my last house but moved back into my other property a couple of months ago. Per 1000l of pure was about £12.
    No way I'll go on one again, all my gear is way out of sight anyway.

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I think the water board has been misled by how much money they would be making after everyone was put on a meter paying for the actual water they use. The majority of people who voluntarily go on a meter have reduced their water bill. They are going to have to become inventive to make money.

7. PureClearYork

PureClearYork Member

I'm on a water meter, so the cost does rack up. But spoke to water company, can't get mains water any cheaper, but as the bill is made up of supply and sewerage costs, can get a reduction on the sewerage. Normally they calculate the sewerage as about 95% of supply volume, but if producing pure water, this percentage is significantly less

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. keir

keir Guru

If you are on a meter you gotta collect rain water

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'm on a meter, thank feck the water is soft and DI only. God knows what my bill would be if I had to use RO.

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

couple of yrs ago my missus saw a water board bloke lookin behind and then under my van. praps seeing if i was wfp but im not.

Advertisement