Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lazy Window Cleaners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

What is it with lazy ass window cleaners these days ????

The last 2 times I have been canvassing I have puck up new customers from lazy window cleaners !

1st one I quoted £10 for glass sills frames doors etc etc and her last window cleaner charged £5

But didn't wipe sills down nor the frames !

Then tonight I puck up another I quoted £12 and the window cleaner they use is charging £6 but doesn't wipe sills nor clean the doors etc etc .

So it just goes to show you lazy ass window cleaners book ya ideas up or lose ya customers to blokes like me who go the extra mile !!!

So all in all this week I have puck up 5 new residential customers meaning a £676 a yr pay rise just from offering to go the extra mile .

What is it with lazy ass window cleaners these days ????

The last 2 times I have been canvassing I have puck up new customers from lazy window cleaners !

1st one I quoted £10 for glass sills frames doors etc etc and her last window cleaner charged £5

But didn't wipe sills down nor the frames !

Then tonight I puck up another I quoted £12 and the window cleaner they use is charging £6 but doesn't wipe sills nor clean the doors etc etc .

So it just goes to show you lazy ass window cleaners book ya ideas up or lose ya customers to blokes like me who go the extra mile !!!

So all in all this week I have puck up 5 new residential customers meaning a £676 a yr pay rise just from offering to go the extra mile .
You tell em Gav!!

I just started doing it this week lol. Without charging. No one does it about here, if you want that done you need to pay extra, just the way it is.

I dont think its got anything to do with being lazy, its time consuming. Thats why people leave it out or charge for it.

Im sure if they other window cleaners were charging the prices you are they would wipe there sills.

Good week then are you still selling up or did you have a change of mind?
Well mark some bloody idiot reversed into my car and dented the bonett so I'm going to go through he insurance

As I think they will wright it off as its a 10yr old 3 series tourer and I think it will be classed as un economic repair

So if they do my prayers for a van will be answered and no need to sell up .

I just started doing it this week lol. Without charging. No one does it about here, if you want that done you need to pay extra, just the way it is.

I dont think its got anything to do with being lazy, its time consuming. Thats why people leave it out or charge for it.

Im sure if they other window cleaners were charging the prices you are they would wipe there sills.
Same difference mate they are not going the extra mile my price is my price there price is there's

They could charge more to do the extra but they obviously can't be bothered or just don't want to .

Same difference mate they are not going the extra mile my price is my price there price is there's

They could charge more to do the extra but they obviously can't be bothered or just don't want to .
I think we will agree to disagree on this one lol. If you told any window cleaner they may get double what there customer is paying for wiping down there frames etc they would be all over it like a rash

I can see where your coming from though but as someone that has just started wiping down frames. My reason for not doing it was because it was time consuming not because I was lazy

I think we will agree to disagree on this one lol. If you told any window cleaner they may get double what there customer is paying for wiping down there frames etc they would be all over it like a rash

I can see where your coming from though but as someone that has just started wiping down frames. My reason for not doing it was because it was time consuming not because I was lazy
First clean yes I agree but cleans after it doesn't take much longer .

First clean yes I agree but cleans after it doesn't take much longer .
My main reason for starting to do it lol that and winter coming I may need to go 100% WFP during winter. I done the familys frames a few times, Now I hardly need to do them, I quick rub over with the cloth and there all good. I thought to start with it they would need done all the time though. Thats why I never done them

Same here mate im planning on going wfp but all first cleans will be done trad and susequent cleans wfp all my customers have had it explained to them so they know the score .

Same difference mate they are not going the extra mile my price is my price there

price is there's

get a quote for the van insurence first tho as it mayb to expensive

Same here mate im planning on going wfp but all first cleans will be done trad and susequent cleans wfp all my customers have had it explained to them so they know the score .
I dont think I will be quicker to be honest, Im thinking of winter and all that ice lol. Just incase it gets to bad I know I can switch to WFP without worrying to much about spotting. Like I said all the other winys charge for it here. I think im just going to start doing it for free as standard.

Think you will find it's the other way around in really bad winter days for some wfp guy's ether stay at home with all their gear frozen up like me (lost about 4 weeks last year) or go out to do some trad work instead as get desperate to earn some money.

I dont think I will be quicker to be honest, Im thinking of winter and all that ice lol. Just incase it gets to bad I know I can switch to WFP without worrying to much about spotting. Like I said all the other winys charge for it here. I think im just going to start doing it for free as standard.

Well mark some bloody idiot reversed into my car and dented the bonett so I'm going to go through he insurance

As I think they will wright it off as its a 10yr old 3 series tourer and I think it will be classed as un economic repair

So if they do my prayers for a van will be answered and no need to sell up .
I can't help but think it was me you spoke to to report the claim, I remember a very similar claim I took with a 10yo 3 series tourer, lol

Think you will find it's the other way around in really bad winter days for some wfp guy's ether stay at home with all their gear frozen up like me (lost about 4 weeks last year) or go out to do some trad work instead as get desperate to earn some money.
I plan on installing a heater in the box where my water tank is, it should keep it well above freezing

I can't help but think it was me you spoke to to report the claim, I remember a very similar claim I took with a 10yo 3 series tourer, lol
Nah mate i havent put in the claim yet lol .

But what do you reckon ? Seeing as you work in insurance ???

A write off or not ???

well if its badly damage at the frun and the grill has came off and there a massive dent. the work could be worth a grand and half.

but if your car is worth 3 grand then they probley repair it, but if irts under less then it looks like its going to be a write off /emoticons/sad.png

well I pad 2.4 for it and i reckon it's book price is probably about 2 for it now so im not sure what to think at the moment .

he's dented the bonnet and the 2 kidney grills have come out of place i think the clips have snapped .

so 2 new grills and a new bonnet .

Back