Is it pointless canvassing at this time of year?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by slippy, Nov 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. slippy

slippy Well-Known Member

Just come back from doing just two crappy jobs today. Other two customers weren't in! Weather was ****! Can't canvass this time of year, as best time is 6-8 week days when everyone is at home, but at this time of year it's too dark and so people get scared. Doing it on Saturdays is not as good as people go out!!! just moaning as **** day!!

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Well slippy, I beg to differ, you may decide to take a look a the thread 'Canvassing for expansion' I have been writing.

My girl scored 12 new customers in 4 hours today. Think she's bought in around 25 in the last week, canvassing a couple of hours here and there between 10 & 4 - Never after dark.

But if you have already decided it's a waste of time then just put your feet up watch some Jeremey Kyle for the day and let some other windy scoop up the customers on your patch.

3. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

Green Pro Clean Ltd what time does did normally canvass from and to?

I always presumed after 5:30pm was best as most should be home?

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

As said in the post above, when canvassing we work between 10 & 4 in the winter.

In the summer you can fit in from 10-8 six plus days a week and if you can manage six to eight weeks of that in the summer you will have one monster round!

5. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

Built my round on winter canvassing. It's there for you, go and get it!!!

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I suppose one good thing about canvassing in winter is your more likely to keep those customers year round. Their not going to drop you in winter.

7. meridion

meridion Well-Known Member

Thanks Green!

It's probably too early to tell but would you say the girl has better Canvassing potential than you? Or do you think you could do the same or even better than she can if you had the circumstances to do the Canvassing yourself?

8. TolishAPurd

Gotta be careful not to pick up the ones that just want clean windows for the party season though.

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

True never thought about that!

10. Poles Apart

Worst time to canvass is now forget it! You'll end up doing xmas cleans at the expense of getting your own work in, if the weather turns nasty you'll lose tips from your regulars.

Advertisement