Is it possible to...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Dundeeladdie, Jul 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dundeeladdie

Dundeeladdie Member

Hi all.

Was just wondering if it's possible to set up a collection system removing the need to ever call to customers homes for cash after finishing your round?

I think I read a post a post from r.c. property in which he said he has not collected for a few years from over 700 customers.
    He always gets cash or cheque at time of cleaning, or a cheque through the post or BACS.

Has anyone else managed to remove the call back later collection process successfully?

How easy is BACS to set up, for both the customer and the window cleaner?

Thanks Chaps.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you need to force change a little,have faith nobody will cancel over this.
    youd be surprised how many already do internet banking . Some i had to put on the spot, look this is how its going to be [bank transfer]and then most go with it . Course theres always the odd one who gets in a muddle and goes to the bank asking to do a house deeds transfer via a solicitor [yep happened to me] , these muddled types i get to leave the money under a housebrick in advance which works ok
    i put my bank acc number and sort code on my slips , also write send me a cheque option or send the money in the post option

3. Dundeeladdie

Dundeeladdie Member

Thanks boarcity.

I've not actually started up yet. Still doing a bit of research and getting kit together.

I take it from your reply that the majority of your customers pay via BACS?

If so, that sounds great to me. I'm guessing face to face collection in the evening is really time consuming and a real ball ache.

Cheers.

4. TolishAPurd

I've never collected from day one. I've always just had them leave the money/cheque, but the best thing I ever did was get a website with a payment option. Straight through to my paypal account so I get a text when they have paid. Easy for them and me.

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It depends if you want all the money going through your bank where mr taxman can see it:rofl:

I have always collected from customers or had them send cheques..bacs would be easier

6. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I get paid by cash, bank transfer or via Paypal. Cheques sometimes but I try to avoid this method as my bank is miles away.
    I have only ever collected bad debts and that never happens twice (I drop bad payers very quickly).

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I do also..why keep on cleaning someone who don't wanna pay up

8. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

try gocardless.com

Once they sign up - YOU are in control. :)

9. Dundeeladdie

Dundeeladdie Member

Thanks for all the help everyone.
    Seems feasible to virtually eliminate collections then.

That's great.

10. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I dont collect. I send text reminders out every couple of weeks but most now pay via one of the payment mentioned.

Advertisement