Is It Time For Me To Get Tough ? :p

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by harunh, Sep 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. harunh

harunh Legend

Ive got like 144 customers now :)

and my average job price is like £7.00 but it should be higher cos i got like 20 houses which are small flats and fronts only for £5.00

most of my houses are priced at £7.00 ( which take me 20 mins to do)

do i go out and instead of saying £7.00 go for £8.00 instead ? im thinking of going out their with a dont be shy no more attitude...

A customer today i gained was a £7.00 house normally but i priced him £8.00 :) and he was fine with it :p

so im planning now to not go with £7.00 just go with the £8.00 attitude ;)

Advertisement
  2. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

How do you price each jod H?

3. harunh

harunh Legend

by how long its gonna take me

i average 16-24 per hour :)

4. garyboy

garyboy Well-Known Member

Get the book h deals with pricing strategies LOL

5. harunh

harunh Legend

na sack that lol i know whats good for my business and this book isnt good for it :p trust me ive got a business brain :)

6. Paul

Paul Guest

LSHIPMP

7. harunh

harunh Legend

hmm paul lol

8. Posh

Posh Hero

How can a book tell you how to price. At the end of the day you work out how long it will take you or you count windows. Yes occasionally you may **** 1 up but but seriously once you get cleaning you realise how long it a take & bobs yet uncle. Maybe im still in the 20th century I dunno but a book to tell you how to price.

9. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

So if your doing a house for £7 and average is £16-24 an hour is that the going rate your end or are you really cheap?

10. Masons

Masons Guru

I got Richards book, and it's helped me a lot.
    My business will sure improve long term for me reading that book.
    I mean yes, earning £20 average an hour 8 hours a day 5 days a week (for example) is some peoples targets, yet taking all variables on board; bad weather, illness, holidays, chore days (MOT's, fixings of equipment etc) is where you lose money and lose potential.
    The book I read helped me realise that while I am working, yes, I earn good but being self employed you need to look at things business wise, keep competitive yet not short change yourself over the long haul.
    I mean, how much do we all put away each year for retirement etc.... all things need taking into account, and earning a happy working price isn't everything.

Advertisement