Is it time i re-assessed my income ?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by LeeWard90, Sep 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. LeeWard90

LeeWard90 Newcomer

The more I read on this site the more I feel I'm being under paid.

My work is traditional method and my work is all situated on a council estate in Manchester.
    The houses are on average, 3 bed with 3 front windows and 4 on the back, the windows are around 4x3ft It takes me a comfortable ten minutes per house, I charge on average £4 but this is as much as these customers are willing to pay. I can easily earn £100 from 9-3 and that's twice as much the average Joe can make around here and that's with a 9-5 job. My question is, is it worth my while saving up and buying a round in a different area? with maybe wealthier residents.

Thanks in advance. Lee

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

If you have spare time on your hands, why not drive out somewhere posh and canvass?

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I wouldn't buy a round. Just start canvassing/advertising in an area you fancy and see what develops. I work across a wide area and have different prices in each area.

4. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Just what Tuffers said.......:rofl:

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

tuffers bang on canvass another area pick up the work
    then put your prices up to £5, when you have plenty graft,, if they are not happy drop them , you have to think off your business
    they will be gd houses for £5

6. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Must admit Lee, I try to avoid the council estates and aim for the wealthier areas, but £4 per house does sound very cheap. The few council houses that I do, I charge £8 to £10....some people charge more around here, but in cheaper towns charge less. Nearly all of my customers are in affluent villages and so the going rate seems to be pretty high. Its also much nicer to be working in the picturesque villages....its a win win!. Prices are very much driven and determined by the area you live in. Having said all that, so many people are working on the minimum wage and could only dream of earning £100.00 a day like you. Perhaps you shouldnt put so much preasure on yourself and ask yourself the following:
    1) Do my wages allow me to pay all my bills, save a little and enjoy life....a few drinks, the odd holiday or whatever floats your boat.
    2) Am I happy and content

If the answer to these two questions is yes, then relax, dont panic and carry on enjoying your life. Keep developing your business, of course, but dont start worrying about what other people on here say they earn.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

as u already know the score on the council estate ,i would simply seek out more of it . i prefer council estate work myself because its got the loyalty you just dont get elsewhere . rake in the new work blindly,once you find its getting too much,employ, parttimer at first

8. cheapncheerful

hmmm you do have to be careful if you move too far out....it costs a lot in time and petrol...

i have a new one on thursday and she said....its only twenty minutes away...but...thats forty minutes in total in the car...makes you think...

9. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Condense and condense cnc....so that you hardly have to drive In the day

10. cheapncheerful

get in the car...and i either ...want to go home or...go to sleep:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
Advertisement