Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it worth moving to John Guest

P4dstar

Premium Member
New van is due in the UK tomorrow and could be delivered anytime between next week and the middle of June so I thought it would be a perfect time to look at the system i'm running.

When I started I got a half inch barb connection out of the tank and ran it with clear hose about the same size as a garden hose to my pump and controller and then on to the DI vessel and through to the hose reel.

Since getting my RO i have been quite impressed with the John Guest fittings. Considering changing my van system over to these once I move to the new van. Anyone got any advice on the pros and cons of them? Do they leak or pop out under pressure. I have a shut off valve on the end of my pole that I use to conserve water but i'm quite conscious that this must be putting some pressure which is currently fine with jubilee clips.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t hesitate to change while you have the chance, I swapped all my 4040 RO fittings a couple of years ago and the only failure I’ve had is with the John guest service valves. My booster pump boosts the water pressure to just over 100 psi, it’s automated with a solenoid cut off on the pure and waste so it reaches around 130 psi until the flow switch cuts power to the pump. I’ve had nothing but problems (minor) with the 026 fittings Gardiner’s sell and they were supposed to solve all the leaking joint problems I had.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wouldn’t hesitate to change while you have the chance, I swapped all my 4040 RO fittings a couple of years ago and the only failure I’ve had is with the John guest service valves. My booster pump boosts the water pressure to just over 100 psi, it’s automated with a solenoid cut off on the pure and waste so it reaches around 130 psi until the flow switch cuts power to the pump. I’ve had nothing but problems (minor) with the 026 fittings Gardiner’s sell and they were supposed to solve all the leaking joint problems I had.
Well I already have john guest between the filters and the membrane on my 4040 RO which is what prompted this. I then have normal sized garden hose on the end of the membrane the pure comes out (and the waste). I have a cut off valve fitted to the pure pipe and if I close this it leaks from the inline TDS so I will be changing this to John Guest for definite.

My biggest concern was if the pressure the pump builds will pop the seals on the connections. I like the idea that if I upgrade to a 2 man system I can just install a splitter and a cut off valve. When I ordered my kit originally Gardiners were extremely surprised I wasn't going straight for John Guest fittings but I didn't understand what they were really.

A shurflo pump wouldn’t pop a connector off - if a booster pump doesn’t then you’d be extremely unlucky. I’ve used John guest (plumbing) fittings for over 15 years with no issues at all, I’d be very surprised if anyone on here has had any bad experiences with them either. I’ll be doing all my van fittings when I get round to booking some time off

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back