Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot Water Temperature

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chelmsford Cleaning - Sam

What temperature do you guys clean with at this time of year?

Have you had any problems with windows cracking?

I'm just running mine luke warm at the moment to keep the pipes from freezing. Gas heater is on minimum..

I run mine between 40-45 degrees. It will be at 40+ degrees after approx 30 seconds and hold around 45 after a minute of being constantly on. If I'm turning the water on/off with my belt valve then it will be a lower temperature as it cuts off before it gets to to the 45 degrees.

At this time of year the temperature at the end of the hose will then be less than what's actually on the heater but will still leave the hose supple and be less likely to crack any glass.

I've never cracked a pane yet although I am wary of any conservatory windows this time of year if it's not used by the customers and the heating inside it is not on as the panes will be very cold.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That's pit my mind at ease. Thanks. I can probably knock it up a notch and not worry. Had that issue the other day with an unheated conservatory. End up with an igloo.

Latest Posts

Back