Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quoting for builders cleans

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beccy

Does £3 a pane sound reasonable for builders cleans? As in £3 for the inside and another £3 for the outside of each pane.

Did my first one yesterday, and at that pricing it worked out at £60 and took just over 2 hours.

See your in Scotland too Beccy, well in Fife bellaway are paying low. They are used to paying out 10 quid per first house clean,and 7.50 for the second one (just as people are moving onto the estates)

Granted that's outside only but still not great.

Been doing a builders clean and have given a rough quote, £5 outs and £10 inside, these are windows with 12 panes of glass per window and a complete pain to do. I have now done the job for two full days, wife working as well and have to go back and reach and wash as a final clean, paint and silicone splattered on most on most of the windows, using scraper n cleaner. Very hard intensive, awkward work. Doing some pressure work as well, its just a disaster of a job:(:mad::zzz::gush::gush::gush::gush::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::gush::gush::gush:, not enjoying it one bit.

A friend of mine said he charges £40 an hour and the job takes as long as it takes.

If you get pricing wrong you will cry, its not normal cleaning and needs to be charged more, if they are not willing to pay, its really not worth the effort, better off cleaning windows normally and enjoying life more fully:D

Your pricing was maybe ok, but did you have to work 3-4 times harder than normal, its worth it if your happy with it:thumbsup:

About 10 years ago i did a few days of builders cleans local to me in hatfield

Told them flat rate of £25 ph which i thought was ok back then as i was subbing for a firm who expected £20 ph worth of work done on domestic work and i paid them 20% which was a good hourly rate back then trad

Seemed good when i got it but after 2 days of it i was ready to slit my wrists

Would have been a lot happier doing my normal £20ph for the firm i subbed off and actually only earning £16 than doing that

I won't touch builders cleans now

Back