Is there a better way to pressure wash a patio?

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by Pedro, Feb 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Pedro

Pedro Pedro (Peter Kerr)

Hi you lot, I need to pick your brains and apologies if this question has been asked previously.
    On occasions I get asked to wash patios which is nice for the money, but is not a job I particularly enjoy, apart from getting filthy (and aching back), I sometimes find the end result varies.
    I am using a Honda 200psi petrol jet washer (a step up from the petrol Karcher 3000GS I previously used). I don't use any pre-treatment, is this where I'm going wrong as I have seen before on these forums mention of "Hypo" (I presume Sodium Hypo-chlorite), and laundry washing powder. What's best and is the Hypo in a powder or liquid form and how is it applied? (ie. quantities, time left on before washing etc.). Being a bit of an environmentalist, I have also seen a product called Algon organic, has anyone got any experience of this product?
    Cheers, Pedro

Advertisement
  2. Pedro

Pedro Pedro (Peter Kerr)

O.k. it looks like most of the answers I'm looking for are already on here, still finding my way around this site. But, anyone with any specific answers to the above would be appreciated.

3. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Hypo is liquid form mate and you dilute to strength you require
    Algon I've had very good results and use it for conny roofs

4. Pedro

Pedro Pedro (Peter Kerr)

Nice one, from reading your posts I can see you are very knowledgeble on the subject and I have learnt quite a lot from them. Is Hypo much different in constituent and cost to domestic bleach?

5. Pedro

Pedro Pedro (Peter Kerr)

PS my pressure washer is a 200 bar (not psi) model.

6. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

#6 Eviestevie, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    200 bar mate is ample for any job
    Sometimes pressure alone is not enough for certain staining/lichen black Spurs etc
    Like anything can someone expect a neglected drive,patio to be perfect after years of neglect
    I always take before and after photos because it shows the customer the massive difference
    Sometimes even if you clean a slab 50 times there will be marks and that's were chemicals come in
    I treated one last week 3 times to remove these because it was that bad
    Most lichens etc are move than surface deep so the need for hypo etc is required to kill and remove the colony

Advertisement