Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Small ro for van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ash brown

Hi all

I need advice again please, can anyone recommend a ro system for me it will need to fill direct to a 500 litre van tank, unfortunately the only place I could store a ibc or simular is a long way away from where I can park the van.

The van has ports on the bumper for waste, fill and feed I assume I can take pipe from fill and put ro system after this then from ro to tank?

Needs to be small to fit in back of small cargo van and process as fast as possible.

All advice is greatfully received as by reading this you've already realised im abit clueless[emoji47]

Cheers

Ash

Btw I have not got van yet and have not tested tds but anglian water says on web tds is 250 for my postcode.

One that can produce pure water relatively quickly high volume then is what you need 4040 ro/di set up. Like the one @shazzy692002 just bought... Darn as I wanted that but she beat me to it.

Your only problem is they're not small and not cheap.

Unfortunately for you, a fast production rate and small don't go together with ro systems!

One that can produce pure water relatively quickly high volume then is what you need 4040 ro/di set up. Like the one @shazzy692002 just bought... Darn as I wanted that but she beat me to it.
Will send you a photo when all set up..../emoticons/wink.png

There are no cheaper options bud if you want to produce water in a van.

Many make the mistake of trying to get away with a small cheap ro just by going by the gpd rate. What they fail to realise that production rate is over 24 hour and no ro preforms to its optimum output so for a van would be not good as would be off the road too long.

Might need to re think, my problem is my garage to store ibc in is about 25 metres from front of house where ill get the van to. Also outside tap is near front of house. Im sure there is simple solution but I don't know what

Cheapest decent 4040 ro on it's own I've seen is this one. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RO-Reverse-Osmosis-Complete-4040-RO-Membrane-/180952795568

Then you will have to get all the other bits you need too like mounting brackets 20" pre filters, pressure gauge, di tank etc. Also depending what your water pressure is like maybe a booster pump too. This could be either mounted in the van or maybe even in an insulated box by your outside tap so just need to run the outlet to your van tank or holding tanks. Either way you will also need to have a cut out on your van tank so it doesn't overfill too.

4040 ro/di set up are not a cheap option but will produce water the quickest out of all the ro's you could buy.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There is no access to garage unfortunately, just spoke to better half on phone and she is letting me empty one of our outhouses near the front of property. Won't fit a ibc in there though so will either need a upright tank of some description or water butts.

Has anyone got a link to a web address or thread of how to set up a cheap pure water set up

thanks @monkeyman think im going to get a 600 lt ibc and put it in a outhouse I have 95cm width in there and ibc is only 80cm.

I am going to have to take one side of door frame out to get it in but its no drama, I have to figure out what ro system to put in now and what pump to transfer to van and all fittings etc.

thanks @monkeyman think im going to get a 600 lt ibc and put it in a outhouse I have 95cm width in there and ibc is only 80cm.I am going to have to take one side of door frame out to get it in but its no drama, I have to figure out what ro system to put in now and what pump to transfer to van and all fittings etc.
If you look for a thread on here by me a few weeks back, saying something along the lnes "who wants to help me build my own system" thee are links on there for a pump and connections./

Back