Is there any other jobs you fancy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Aug 6, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

as windies out on the street , we often see other people at work , or going to work , in other lines of work not our own .

are there any jobs you see that a part of you dreams/wishes that you were doing? and why ?

the grass is always greener on the other side of course!.

Advertisement
  2. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

no i luv window cleaning luv the banter with custmers an the freedom wouldent have it any other way:cool:

3. cheapncheerful

#3 cheapncheerful, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    great post boar..i have done just about every job....but only on my own house ....and i always like to be free and on the windows....and more than ever now as the greater knowledge i have off you lot spurs me on....

probably be an electrician as that was what my uncle did who i am genetically related...bald head fat belly etc mind you...not the died at 53:eek: bit...54....hmmmm

it does make you think.....i mean ..ideally if anyone wants a tv reviewer....:rolleyes:

i can do that...give us a job....boys from the blackstuff...top tv..

4. sdrah

sdrah Guest

not really - but I like to watch other ppl nicely dressed , executive cars , office/manager job : )

Even if I get £200 + a day im still a cleaner lol however I love what I do

5. cheapncheerful

and of course.....not many jobs where you can start when you want finish when you want and do what the hell you want really....well...most of the time...

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

little part of me would like to be a trucker . not doing multi drops , but instead doing container work to and from the ports. i live near Felixstowe docks and have a few mates that do this job. but i can imagine it gets very boring in the end

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#7 boarcity, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    talking of the grass is greener, iv a brother who is long time in the aircraft industry ,earns a packet , travels the world ,china once a month but a stressy job working lates etc .
    when he was ever visiting me he used to take the mickey out of my window cleaning . but on the last visit he and his kids had a weeks hol at mine by the beach ,hes starts asking me all sorts,including--- do you always finish so early ?must be nice finishing when you do and then "what do you lot talk about? on the window cleaning forums".

now iv never mentioned forums, which means he has looked in ,hey,,,, he secretly yearns to be one of us !!

8. norm

norm Grand Master

doesnt everyone ? :thumbsup:
    well in the summer :cool:

9. PureClearYork

PureClearYork Member

Done the management job, nice car etc........but they can keep their stress, 24 hr a day email, office politics etc. 18 months into this job and wishing i'd done it sooner. Love having evenings and weekends for the family, and the stress levels have plummeted!

Back to original question though........always thought I would like Clarkson, Hammond or May's gig...!

10. sdrah

sdrah Guest

ive got a degree in geography - and really liked and hoped to get a job where I can use what I've studied but now all is in the past ...

Advertisement