Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose, Reel And Fittings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

I have a van now. My first project is to get a 100m hose and reel, so I can use my trolley as a van mount when needed. The trolley has hozelock type fittings. What bore hose, 6mm? What fittings? What reel? Best place to buy?

dont worry about the hose connections and stuff i was like u mate... i never had a clue lol.... /emoticons/tongue.png

but best thing to do is phone pure freedom tomorrow tell them what you want and theyll do it for u mate and theyll look after u mate

dont worry about fittings mate.... their nothing... u can jsut go down your local b n q or local asda and pick up the fittings /emoticons/smile.png

mark i use a 8mm hose .... wahts the difference... some people prefer the 6mm.... but i think 8mm is much more tougher

but i think the 6mm would be very cool cos it wouldnt take much space on the hose reel... plus on the other hand ull have to put flow rate up when using a 6mm

I thought not to start another topic - as have got a similar question - can you help me to choose the right fittings - to connect a 5mm hose to a Shurflo pump please Here is the pump I bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120579356149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Another concern is that the specification shows a pressure rating of 100 psi. The pump outlet is shown as 1/2" and I think I may have pressure problems if I connect to 5mm hose?? I don't have a pump controller .

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sdrah those pumps need a controller with them or u can damage them easily mate , nd 5mm hose ? U want either 6 or 8mm

Sdrah those pumps need a controller with them or u can damage them easily mate , nd 5mm hose ? U want either 6 or 8mm
if I get a 8mm hose - do I still need a controller ?

and the 5mm hose I have shall I bin it ? cos somebody told me that he uses a 5mm hose without probs

almost forgot - what about the hose which came with my gardiner sl-x pole - is a 5mm - shall I replace or ?!

Tge 5mm hose is the pole hose im guessing

The pole hose is not long lasting , it costs about 40p per metre i bought 15 meters for my smax40 cos after 6,7 months it started getting leaks in it.

The pole hose connects to the microbore hose (6mm or 8mm) i recommend u get a hose reel with 8mm hose on it and then ull be fine

Also u need a flow controller mate look on purefreedom.co.uk they sell the same pump u bought on ebay for much cheaper aswell

mark i use a 8mm hose .... wahts the difference... some people prefer the 6mm.... but i think 8mm is much more tougher
but i think the 6mm would be very cool cos it wouldnt take much space on the hose reel... plus on the other hand ull have to put flow rate up when using a 6mm
one of the reason I use 6mm is as you said H you can have 100m of hose on the reel and have more space on the reel so I find easier to wind in and out

one of the reason I use 6mm is as you said H you can have 100m of hose on the reel and have more space on the reel so I find easier to wind in and out
so mark.... whts your flow rate on ?

Back