Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upvc Frames & Sills

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Flinn

Hello All,

Does anyone know of any good chemical or cleaner that would clean black run marks off white upvc frames & sills.

I was cleaning windows for a customer that i clean for every two weeks, and her neighbour asked me it i could give her a quote for cleaning all her white upvc as her current window cleaning doesn`t clean them, and she is looking for another window cleaner..

Its a 3 bedroom semi,I told her i would charge £50 for cleaning all her frames and sills & include cleaning her windows.

and if she wanted it done on a periodical i would charge her £10 every clean.

Any advice guys would be apprecitated

Thanks

Cheers for the reply laddergarder,

Its not the black seals mate, I checked that one.

Her window cleaner wasn`t mopping up after him, what a lazy bugger... all the black run marks are moslty on the fasica part of the sills mate.

What is known in the trade a tiger stripes can come off with a upvc cream cleaner also good at bringing greying/discolured plastic back to white.

I use siroflex trade strength upvc cream cleaner also ubik 2000 aswell.

The pic belows was just using ubik with a none scatch white pad washing up sponges (multipack) from asda but please note will not get tiger stripes off plastic using chems like viro-sol, tfr or ubik on it's own.

Was going to say that gaffer but don't expect it to work that well. Also those magic sponges fall apart very fast too... /emoticons/biggrin.png

Was going to say that gaffer but don't expect it to work that well. Also those magic sponges fall apart very fast too... /emoticons/biggrin.png
The ones I have are allright. If you rub to hard the fall apart very easily though.

Might get some more to keep in the van as might come in handy one day for the odd tyre/boot mark on plastic doors etc /emoticons/wink.png

Hello All,

Many Thanks for all the replies.

I managed to get the job done today with astonish Upvc frame & door cleaner.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTONISH-CREAM-CLEANER-FOR-UPVC-WINDOW-FRAMES-DOORS-/370489733717

Got this in my local hardware store for £1.00

This worked a treat guys... It took me 2 hours to clean all her frames windows & sills, not to bad for £50. Glazing was free!

She was delighted lol even brought her nieghbour over to see the difference.. was i chuffed to bits... she even commented on her glazing, saying you wouldnt think there was glass in there lol...

she wants her glazing done weekly now lol happy days

Another satisfied Customer

Cheers Guys

Flinn

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Might get some more to keep in the van as might come in handy one day for the odd tyre/boot mark on plastic doors etc /emoticons/wink.png
I was going to try them on the van untill Dodger said it was some what like sandpaper? lol

Sounds like you have a new regular customer now that will recommend you to loads of ppl. Well done & keep up the good work /emoticons/wink.png

Hello All,

http://www.ebay.co.u...S-/370489733717

This worked a treat guys... It took me 2 hours to clean all her frames windows & sills, not to bad for £50. Glazing was free!

She was delighted lol even brought her nieghbour over to see the difference.. was i chuffed to bits... she even commented on her glazing, saying you wouldnt think there was glass in there lol...

Cheers Guys

Flinn

Hello All,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTONISH-CREAM-CLEANER-FOR-UPVC-WINDOW-FRAMES-DOORS-/370489733717

Cheers Guys

Flinn
This or ubik 200 ???

Back