Is this ok? 1st timer bookwork

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by BenjiRixon, Jun 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. BenjiRixon

BenjiRixon Active Member

Hey guys
    This is the first time I've done book work, and since going on my own decided to transfer it all onto PC. I don't want anything overly complicated with graphs and stuff just something that can be shown to tax people ect.

Is this layout ok? And ample enough? Plan on getting an accountant to do my tax returns for me tho. Many thanks

image.jpg

Advertisement
  2. joe90i

joe90i Member

All I would say is the dates as you've got 1st till 7th then 7th till 14th so the 7th day do ur adding the takings twice if u get me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Alien Human

4. windowsurfer

windowsurfer Forum Addict

Make sure you back up files on separate usb stick or something in case computer packs up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have one now i have been working on with formulas that you can use to list all your customers with address phone no etc and then enter when you are paid and it gives you monthly totals
    Just use the blank template to make a new one each month with a little cut and paste
    I actually use it as my complete database of work to do by using it as week 1-10 to cover my 5 weekly and 10 weekly jobs
    I will post a small template. .anyone who can use excell just put it on formula view and insert more lines as needed and copy paste the formulas..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. BenjiRixon

BenjiRixon Active Member

Thanks for all the help guys. It's much appreciated. It's a bit daunting at this paper work when not done it before but like everything should get easier as I go on.

I've got a folder divided into months with all receipts of the out goings but nothing for incoming as yet as would have hundreds of bits of paper left to add up!

I'm ok on the ol' computers me so sounds good daveyboy

:)

7. I split my business expenditure up. Mileage, phone, advertising, consumables etc

Also, you don't pay tax on the first ten grand ish. Soooo you won't know what percentage tax to pay until the end of the year.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I treat it like i am taxed on everything and after my tax return it is a good bonus รบ

9. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I remember reading somewhere that it was always good go say 30% of what ever you earn each month to cover tax. Not sure if that is about right though.

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

About 23%covers tax and ni with a little left over due to the tax threshold of 10k a year
    25% and you can't go wrong..also should have a little bit back that you can treat yourself with

Advertisement