Is using a car a disadvantage?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Glasscleaner, Jul 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Glasscleaner

Glasscleaner Newcomer

Restarting after a long break I will using the car in the short term, until I can afford a van of some description. However having done a couple of houses I got the feeling that the customers - one in particular - thought that I was presenting a less than professional image (although they were happy with the clean).
    Just wondered what the general feeling is about using a car?

Advertisement
  2. norm

norm Grand Master

i think if your driving the bat mobile and dont do a good job your going to be toast

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

car is a real Advantage . on one side of the street is an old estate car with makeshift card sign in windows and tother side of street a big signwritten van -guess who the ladies run over to ask about window cleaning ?

iv had a van about 6 yrs now but i did my first couple of yrs using cars,they RAN to my car ,

in my van i still get enquiries on the street of course - but no running!

4. norm

norm Grand Master

were you in the boar mobile :laugh:

5. Glasscleaner

Glasscleaner Newcomer

Can't wait for that to happen :hehehe:

Although I haven't yet, I will be getting some natty signs to put on the car.

6. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Opposite happened for me, car never looked professional, shiny sign written van has got me more customers, but I think it's dependant on area... Certainly where I am, people prefer a professional looking van...

Having said that, a car is brilliant if your trad only - cheaper to run!

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

be sure to put the signs on the Inside of the glass . greying cardboard that curls at the edges works well !

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Compromise, have a rough looking van. Works for me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. MrBump

MrBump Guest

Boarcity is that because the guy in the car was giving a free foot massage with every clean? ;) Or was it just because they expected the car guy to be cheaper than the van..

10. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

I've got a rough looking small van, might try the card signs in the back window, can't be worse than the plain white paper I stuck there, and might help. Might test my areas, there's enough 'pro' vans floating about might look different.

Boarcitys flyer idea grew on me, I now think the honesty comes across in the handwritten diy marketing and pro can look generic off the shelf

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement