Is your pure water drinkable?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Knoxy, Mar 16, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

As the ***le says, just a thought as I live in a hard water area and was wondering whether I should use it in the kettle/iron to stop the build up of limescale.
    Sorry for the stupid question but I'm not familiar with the pure water system.

Advertisement
  2. mark m

mark m Hero

When it goes though the ro it is fine but not the di .I don't drink tea but apparently it makes a great cuppa and it is also good for home brew

3. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

yep after RO, but DONT drink it after DI!

4. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Its fine to drink. I have a friend who was told by his doctor to drink it for his bad complexion.

Lifted of the internet :-

Deionized water is harmless. Drink all you want. The water will quickly dissolve some sugars and electrolytes from your mouth and especially from your digestive system, and will become just plain water. The only potential harm from deionized water might come from the resin used to demineralize the water--not only are these resin beds somewhat limited in their capacity, but they are also hospitable breeding grounds for bacteria. In general, however, the bacteria which grows in clean water is usually harmless. The problem with deionized water is the cost--it is just not worth the price from a drinking water perspective when so many other, less expensive, water purification systems exist.

By the same token, mineral water, with a total dissolved solids of more than 1000 parts per million, is also no better or worse for you. From a nutritional standpoint, there are almost no nutrients or minerals in any potable water, certainly not enough to be nutritionally significant, including expensive designer waters.

Distilled water and deionized water do not taste very good straight from the treatment source. To make these pure waters more palatable, chill them and shake them before serving to aerate a bit. Store bought distilled water is usually shipped in high density polyethylene bottles which are permeable to oxygen, so this distilled water is pre-aerated. Regular bottled water from a reputable company and filtered tap water are still the best source for pleasant tasting water. Don't believe the hype; from a health perspective, distilled, deionized, drinking, demineralized, spring, mineral, fluoridated, tap, etc., are all about the same from a nutritional and health perspective. Taste is an issue, but carbon filtering will take care of the bulk of that item, and biologic safety is addressed by sanitation. As far as other contaminant issues in the western world, the water supply system is completely safe in almost all cases, and for the worriers, filtration and commercial bottled water can fill in the rest.

5. James

James Guru

Yeah don't drink it after the DI. That wouldnt be a pretty sight.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jwywb5

6. Masons

Masons Guru

I don't use it in the house, but if you want to clean the kettle, try vinegar. I do, comes up a treat.

7. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Don't drink it clean windows with it lol

8. Paul

Paul Guest

Moved to chit chat

Advertisement