Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

working from a small car!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark

my transit was tied up with jobs needing doing today.any one work from a small car?it was horrendous,two of us,trolley barrels,everything.we got there in the end though.forgot to say it was a Nissan micra
clear.png

Pre-2004 micra? If it's four door you can get roof bars, would be a nice work vehicle :thumbsup:

The later ones look a bit naf to me, a bit feminine

I agree jimroot.this is an older one.wow it was still hard work,couldnt do it on a regular basis.you could get away with it if trad I suppose.not knocking trad have been doing that since making the switch.you don't realise how much **** you have to carry
clear.png

You can get a massive pole in there though, like 8ft down into the footwell, can't do that in most bigger cars!

If I was trad I'd certainly consider a four door micra with roof bars, easy to park, cheap to insure and run...

I'd miss my van though

I have a citigo i use for my work it fits all trad gear, ladders et. But also my backpack, 35ft unger wfp pole, 90 liters of water and my dog and his cage /emoticons/biggrin.png i like it nice cheap to drive.

I have a Berlingo Multispace, it's a brilliant all round vehicle and it's a car. Can fold one or both seats down when required? Not even got a tank in there just use backpacks, poles with Aquadapters, using only Sureclean high pressure pole hose as my main hose (just dispensed with Microbore), I can get 300 litres in containers 2 backpacks, 2 poles, a trolley and all my tools and bits in it as there are loads of storage bins in these brilliant vehicles can earn £200 per day no problem and in a flash it's a family vehicle.

I use a rover 25, not a small car exactly but small enough, i use a trolley on some parts of my round with 25l containers, i can fit x9 at a push but rarely use more than 4 as i trad the bottoms. Its a pain really which is why i still ladder most of my round.

I am using an astra at the mo but since defecting to the dark side i definitely need a van

150l of water makes a difference to the handling for sure

Back