Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Fitted System Story (Read If You Dare)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Masons

Ok, so have used trolley and 25 litre cans for 2 years now since going fully solo.

It occurred to me, I'd spend less time filling up and it's safer if I have a fitted tank.

So friend of mine who used to fit full van systems for a company had a look at my van as was going to give me a hand fitting it all in.

He looked at the underneath of my van and there is hardly room to bolt anything in (Kangoo).

So he say's it'll be tricky with all the rubbish under your van and the terrible lay out of the fuel tank etc.

So ended up saying I'll get purefreedom to do it as they'll have all necessary tools and it's their problem isn't it.

Booked in at Wednesday.

Just bought Hose Reel and am now waiting for next week.

Will post pics and let you all know how it goes.

for tank and cage fitted is 700.

I've looked at option of using 10ton straps to hold it in, yet the hooks in my van are on the floor in awful places, and I've looked at bolting a cage in myself, but committing to buy a cage I don't know will fit is a daunting prospect.

It's a case of knowing the safest and fastest option is paying for someone to do it.

That sounds expensive but will be well worth it. I had Purefreedom install mine and they have done an awesome job. The whole thing is solid! Plus the frame was custom built as it had to go in a compact van.

nor have i, mainly yellow and the odd blue one. worst one i saw one guy use was some clear hose pipe from his van!

Well i reckon it'll be visible enough, and some of the fittings I have are red so should go well with everything.

We'll see.

What size tank you got Mason?

Ive just been quoted £2500 from Pure Freedom for a fully fitted 500ltr system

SO that means im paying £1800 for them to put 2 pumps.... and RO unit and a DI!!!

That dont sound right!!!!!

they do make a good job of it, I was surprised at £200 for fitting the tank, they charged 8 hours labour for it. as there labour is £25 an hour and it came out at £200 for fitting.

Granted they're doing a job not many can do professionally but 8 hours seemed excessive, oh well.

Tank's a 350litre.

Pics will be up tomorrow as had no time as my xbox is broke and had to go get it sent for fixing lol

they do make a good job of it, I was surprised at £200 for fitting the tank, they charged 8 hours labour for it. as there labour is £25 an hour and it came out at £200 for fitting.

Granted they're doing a job not many can do professionally but 8 hours seemed excessive, oh well.

Tank's a 350litre.

Pics will be up tomorrow as had no time as my xbox is broke and had to go get it sent for fixing lol
I dont mind at all paying £200 to get it fitted....I think thats pretty good. Having worked in engineering, that's cheap, we used to charge £60/hr for any fab/fixing work.....

What im concerned about is the other £1800 i appear to be paying for an RO system/DI and 2 pumps......

200 quid isnt bad... its a professional job being done at the end of the day /emoticons/smile.png

Depends what ro system you get, the one i own is a rubbish £200 one, if they fit a £1,000 one I'd be very happy.

Why don't you ring and ask for a breakdown of the costs. Say you're concerned about what equipment you're getting.

Always ask questions.

£200 for fitting? What was the other £500 for?

My 350 tank new was £160ish... Can get a frame for £165 on eBay....

Pure freedom, pure rip off!

Back