Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aqua Dapter vs Flow Tap

• Thread starter MyLittleCleaningCompany
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

M

MyLittleCleaningCompany

For the last week I've been debating whether or not to use my aqua dapter, until I read on here about using your tap flow on your unger tool belt.

Well worked today using this method.

I have a hose reel with a tap and disc on as in the link http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/hose-reel-fitting-kit-with-valve-protector-disc-p-632.html?wizid=ge2qpbmjnpeks6h0ukqrg16qb2

Someone mentioned that they use a Unger Tool belt http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/belts/unger-ergo-toolbelt.html

and use a hoop to hold the hose. Well I used the velcro section that you would use to hold your bucket on a belt, every time I needed water just turn the tap on by my waist then turn it off when ready.

This was a far quicker way than the aqua dapter and it worked 100% of the time, no messing about pulling hard on the hose then again because the first time it didn't click round. I should add that this is never the case on ground floor level.

The other big bonus for me is that I can use my pole as it was designed with no extra weight and use the carbon fibre goosenecks with the quick release system as it was designed. I have several brushes that I use and wanted to carry on doing so with the ease and quickness of changing them as and when.

The aqua dapter is a great product but not for me and my set up. I love the lightness and rigidity of my poles and brushes so it's definitely a tap for me. I'm now selling my aqua dapter without the hose for £45 inc posting. (Mark M, you have first refusal as promised and I'll be putting an add in the buy and sell before this post gets moved by Paul!/emoticons/tongue.png)

I will leave it for now lol just until I have a tidy up again /emoticons/tongue.png

Are the taps any good Jamie I think I'm going to get one as I'm just nipping the hose at the min

I will leave it for now lol just until I have a tidy up again /emoticons/tongue.png

Are the taps any good Jamie I think I'm going to get one as I'm just nipping the hose at the min
I've made an add so this one's more of a review and to pass on the very helpful tip!

The taps are really good, even better now I've got it on my belt! I got the water turned off really quickly, surprised myself how much I saved. /emoticons/smile.png

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sort of get it?? On the Unger belt it has a small padded velcro section. I put the actual hose in this so the tap is sticking out. Im always tripping myself up anyway so nothing new there!!!!

Sort of get it?? On the Unger belt it has a small padded velcro section. I put the actual hose in this so the tap is sticking out. Im always tripping myself up anyway so nothing new there!!!!
did you get my pm

Latest Posts

Back