Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It feels so fresh

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just use extensions.. takes 10 seconds to drop the hose out.. put extension on and re thread hose

Not worth the expense of another pole

Clx4 bungalows, slx18 most of my work Slx22 for about 7 houses a month slx22 plus 2 extensions for three house a month all the poles I need.

I used a slx22 when I first started window cleaning after a couple of months purchased the slx18 best thing I had done can really feel the diffence after a days graft  for the sake of the price of the Slx18 it's a no brainer imo when 90% of your work is complete with a lighter pole. 

thats true. certain ones can get baked on dirt like a conny roof. not much you can do with them in that case as like you say you cant get the pressure on.

some velux i clean i cant even see what im doing lol, its a best guess just feeling them with the brush head
spray some ubik on a brush

Almost make me feel guilty our everyday poles are the Xline 25 3k Carbon we have bigger poles all the way to 70ft

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Clx4 bungalows, slx18 most of my work Slx22 for about 7 houses a month slx22 plus 2 extensions for three house a month all the poles I need.

I used a slx22 when I first started window cleaning after a couple of months purchased the slx18 best thing I had done can really feel the diffence after a days graft  for the sake of the price of the Slx18 it's a no brainer imo when 90% of your work is complete with a lighter pole. 
Hi there mate iv got a slx 22 my Every day pole can do 90% of round with it but I still need my clx27 for a few house , but the clx is pretty much worn out.  So if I got the 2 extra sections for slx  like you will it take it up to around 27-30ft ?

Hi there mate iv got a slx 22 my Every day pole can do 90% of round with it but I still need my clx27 for a few house , but the clx is pretty much worn out.  So if I got the 2 extra sections for slx  like you will it take it up to around 27-30ft ?
Yes mate all skylights and big townhouse that have the dormers sat back reached. 

I have a 20ft pole and 10ft extensions which reach all but 1 job on my round and some flats i do

Then i use a 39ft slx that i quickly borrow off a local mate cgh who is a top bloke for lending me it

Well we are away for for a couple of weeks to France and Italy in September so all outstanding add ons need to be done by then because on return we will be add on free. 

Have made the final descision that as of 1st Oct we are purely window cleaners.  Not even gutters and conny roofs any more. 

Woo hoo.

Why not start a thread or a section @Gav for subbing or selling work. I dont mean rounds for sale just add on stuff. Gutters, drives etc.

People like @Green Pro Clean Ltd and others who get alot of add on work but no longer want it can auction it off in here or sell for a fee.

It'll be upto the seller who they wish to sell to as reputations could be tarnished by new comers and cowboys. 

Just an idea?

Not a bad idea but I would not auction it off at random. I wouldnt want potential competitors turning up at my clients. 

When I jacked the add ons I had a deal in place with Dave that I would still quote and secure he work. He does it. I take 10%.  

I know he wouldnt try to husstle the windows. Bite the hand that feeds you and all that. 

Not a bad idea but I would not auction it off at random. I wouldnt want potential competitors turning up at my clients. 

When I jacked the add ons I had a deal in place with Dave that I would still quote and secure he work. He does it. I take 10%.  

I know he wouldnt try to husstle the windows. Bite the hand that feeds you and all that. 
i agree, you need a certain amount of trust with whoevers doing the add ons.

Back