Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It is going to be the biggest topic this year

mark m

http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2006/e06061.htm

http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/_assets/media/Drought_Pack_Ruthamford.doc.pdf

If it happens i think i will wfp tops only trad bottoms and what stops me from saying i have been useing these tanks for harvesting rain water in the winter and i have got 10 /emoticons/smile.png:)/emoticons/biggrin.png

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBC-WATER-STORAGE-TANK-DIESEL-TANK-RAIN-WATER-HARVESTING-1000-LITRE-TANK-C-W-TAP-/290636218755?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item43ab44c183

it wont bother us window cleaners, we are all making £300 a day and signing on, might top up my tan for a few weeks

Totally agree. My parents live in Spain. Have done for 20 years. They hardly ever get rain yet they all use there hoses and sprinklers come out the ground for the grass. God knows we get enough bloody rain. You pay your water rates. If they take something away (hosepipe) then your rates should go down. I Spose the farmers a start moaning soon. Everyone worries about the farmers but don't give 2 hoots about anyone else.

I have a bath once a day and thats about 150 litres do i have to have a shower now ?

i pay my water rates i'll do what i want with it lol

I don't understand how a island can run out of water, this country can't cope with anything, snow nope, floods nope, hot weather nope, we've got a good government there fellas. /emoticons/smile.png

Totally agree. My parents live in Spain. Have done for 20 years. They hardly ever get rain yet they all use there hoses and sprinklers come out the ground for the grass. God knows we get enough bloody rain. You pay your water rates. If they take something away (hosepipe) then your rates should go down. I Spose the farmers a start moaning soon. Everyone worries about the farmers but don't give 2 hoots about anyone else.

I Agree also window cleaners have mortages as well we have to eat and feed the family .They have to let us use water

i'm also under anglian water, but according to the weatherman on look north, no look northers will have restrictions this yr. apparently they've put a pipeline between the west yorks reservoirs and further east. they showed a pic of one reservoir overflowing

This makes me laugh, I pay my taxes (not sure if that's got anything to do with it but...) I'll do what I like /emoticons/wink.png

i was reading somewhere that if you draw your water outside the hosepipe restricted area you are not breaking any laws and can use in the banned area only downside is you may have to travel a bit but what i would do is find someone who will let you access their water and just fill once there if you get pulled you can refer them to the person in the non hosepipe banned area who would tell them that you are drawing your water every day from them so its your word against theirs /emoticons/smile.png

look at it like a blessing in disguise, pocket all the cash and dont tell tax man, and when he says why no work say the water ban couldnt work

I have a reservoir near me n its empty.

Maybe if they didnt build a £26mIllion fountain in f*ing bradford theyd av some water left.

all water companies have there own policy, veolia have issued a restriction document, These are two direct quotes from this document:

"Customers may clean building walls and windows by hand, using a bucket."

"Water fed poles are frequently used by window cleaners and are within the definition of

‘anything designed, adapted or used to serve the same purpose as a hosepipe’. These

systems use de-ionised water. Where mains water is the source used to create this deionised water, this activity is restricted."

you wont get anyone from veolia running round policing this policy, corning window cleaners with fines. You really going to pack up shop or go trad. What exactly are they going to do?

I'm getting customers asking me "what am I going to do if there's a ban?" or "do you use much water with that system?"

There is a potential backlash from customers themselves. They may not feel comfortable with water running down their paths and walls when there's water restrictions in place.

I live in Wessex Water territory who state they have no intention of imposing restrictions. I explain this to my customers who've queried the water used. I then state that if it becomes a real problem then I will have to go back to a 2 gallon bucket which lasts all day. Fortunately I have the skills to cope with that scenario. :angel:

I met Craig Mowlem (ionics director) 7 or 8 years ago at the Cleaning Show and asked roughly same questions regarding water waste he said "well, it doesn't leave the planet". As an argument it does have flaws but I have used that to deflect potential criticism.

Back