Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Hot Water Temperature?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adam Bartlett

Hi guys I have recently bought a couple l5 eccotemp heaters for my system. The problem I seem to be having though is the water loses the majority of its heat while passing through the hose? Its meaning I'm having gas on very high to enable the time it leaves my brush head to be warm.

Can any other hot water guys tell me how you guys get on? and any other general tips regarding using the heated systems

Thanks

Adam Bartlett

www.adam-bartlett.co.uk

Cheers. Its just using alot more heat than i was expecting but I've been trying to keep a decent heat to really benefit on some first cleans I've been doing

35psi through 100metre 8mm standard hose which i use to its maximum spread out majority of time, Heat coming out very hot steaming through heater and very hot first 20metres of hose still but by time reaches brush its just lukewarm at best /emoticons/unsure.png How do you get on?

you are always going to lose heat through the hose adam,my l5 settings are water min and gas about half way-though needs some playing with/probably lower this a tad-you just gotta play with it and record it all in relation to outside temps so next month when the cold comes again you can adjust it to suit and crack on

I know its just a hell of alot more heat loss than was expecting, i've had gas on 3/4 last week trying get decent heat but struggling to realise the benefits was hoping for with hot water. Was still noticable like but just not what was hoping if know what i mean.

top tip /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/ph34r.png/emoticons/wink.png pop a tap washer on the outlet hoselock connection,causes a bit of backpressure and the heater will use a lot less water for the same heat,turn the water flow on the l5 to min gas to less than half and go from their,i did have a flow restrictor on the inlet side-great bit of kit-but i broke it and can't remember the code etc to order another,nathaneal jones is the man to answer all these questions and more.

Try some hose designed for hot water use. The reinforced 8mm Id thermo bore will help an awful lot with temperature loss. Try using a different pump, perhaps a 100 psi. I was told 1psi per metre of hose. I only lose 17°c from heater to brush head at 100m. Heat to 60 hits glass at 43°c 100m hose 100psi pump. Diesel water heater.

use 50m of hose instead of 100m and turn your flow rate up! the water from your tank will hit the glass in half the time so will actually be warm instead of stone cold

I've got 100psi pump so can I ask what psi you use hotwash? I've been using 35psi

I'd try 50m mark but would lose the benefits of longer hose which means can still work a lot quicker as most round compact

Latest Posts

Back