Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is There A Mechanic On This Forum

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mark m

Some of you might know i am going to employ my son this year and so it does don't cost me to much straight away i was going spread the start up cost over a long period anyway i see this van on ebay and at the moment it is £2000 below price but it needs work if you are a mechanic would you stay away from this van how much do you think it would cost to fix etc it is 15 mile up the road from me but it does not make any difference looking at it as i know bugger all about mechanics

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-TRANSIT-CONNECT-VAN-/221191824009?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D5734046385984673462%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D221191824009%26

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
avoid, there is stupid little things wrong with it, it has been trashed, needs a new engine at least, could of been sold at an auction, as a non runner and then (possible dodgy) mot and then sold on,

the mileage is too spot on for what the van would of been used for 10 year old van with 120k on clock 12k a year, yet was owned by a facility company,

some vehicles, will still turn over when timing gone,

look at it this way, just mot a van 2 miles down road, dies, aint bothering to get it looked at, just sell it

dont look at stuff like these get a reliable van with 1/2 owners /emoticons/smile.png then u no its been looked after

hey ....i know my ford diesels and i can tell you right now its been driven through a puddle....sadly they designed these and the mondeos with the pickup for the air filter very low down, and water gets sucked up and causes the piston rod to bend.

These run on chains and ford state they should outlive the van and never be replaced.

With ford diesels also the timing can be slightly out and it will still run, just rough as poop.

i think it will need:

A new Fan control unit thing (cant remeber the name of it but common on fords for the fan to only work on high/med

A new glove box lid

Radio is probably the wrong one for the van, you could stick an aftermarket one cheap enough

the engine is gona need at least one new rod.... not majorly costly if you have a mate, otherwise labour might be heavy.

massive plus that its had a new diesel pump.

What a shame I think you all might be right when you think of it why after just getting it mot and going 2 mile up the road why would you not check it out .It is a shame the connect is a great little van I us to own one and thought I might get one cheap for about £1500 that is what i am thinking of spending

Have you thought about getting a good older van, mines 2001 when I bought it it only had 160k on the clock and only cost £900. Pasted its mot with no probs

have you though about buying a cat d or c write off?? - its what my mondeo is!

that one will cost you around £1k to fix, if nothing else is wrong

Shame your so far away could have had my 04 connect just about to send to auction having stripped out the brodex stuff but still has the trade rack and security manifold will fetch approx £1150 - £1400 at auction needs 1 rear tyre shortly and taxing there should be plenty of good ones about at reasonable money with out resorting to buying trouble

Stay away from this one mark. Will be a number of expensive problems with this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nice vans if been looked after but avoid,mate brought one of these e.g needing little work done and cost he spent may as well got a decent one.

Have you thought about getting a good older van, mines 2001 when I bought it it only had 160k on the clock and only cost £900. Pasted its mot with no probs
Mines a 96 and cost £500 & straight through mot.

H - the amount of owners means nothing, or service history as they are so easily faked, best bet is look at the owner and judge if You think they take care of It from what they are telling you in terms of your opinion of them. Simples

Back