It's All A Bit Confusing!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by scotty_boy, May 5, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

As title suggests im a bit confused.com to say the least. have been researching into setting up in wfp cleaning for a while and have read most threads in this section. im now in a position to start to order my equipment but am finding it hard to get everything i need. I currently run a mobile valeting and powerwashing business for the last five years and have all the gear in the back of my van so have bought a trailer and i also have a spare 250ltr flat tank that came out of my old van, so i know i will need a pump and battery which im looking into a shurflo pump which is fine but im struggling with the pole/poles/brushes/jets! i would like a in line tap so i can save water which come in 6mm and 8mm not sure which size as unsure of pole tubing size. also a reel with hose again 6mm or 8mm i am sure a pole 25-27 will be enough for me would appreciate some recommendations as when i look at pole it asks for adaptors tubing different burushes etc and i dnot know what would be best. if you have made it this far thanks alot reading and any input would be much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. JDMW

JDMW Guru

forget the inline tap, bbest thing you can buy is a aqua dapter, its a tap that works by pulling the hose to open/close the water flow. for a pole id advise you to get a facelift phoenix pole to start with then you cant go wrong. whats your tap waters ppm/tds reading? for a brush id use a gardiners sill brush, i have one and its great, bit soft but does the job well. for a pump you can go backpack which i use on 80% of my jobs anyway. or the shurflow 100psi pump. sure someone else will be on to add more :)

3. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

my reading was 64ppm which is great can use a di vessel and resin. i had looked into a backpack but thought i would run out of water quickly and would be constantly filling up the tank. so the facelift i take it is the " Facelift Phoenix 26 UL X" i was unsure if it came with a brush. is the gardiners sill brush a sort of all in one then? also did read up and watched a youtube video of fitting a aqua dapter but couldn't bring myself to hacksaw a pole i just spent over £200 on in case i did it wrong! thanks for input.

4. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

You do not need to saw anything to fit an aquadapter

5. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

6. Belfastcleaning

That's not a new version of the aquadapter.. They now screw on to the end of your pole.. ( if the pole has not got the thread at top, ie gardiner quick release poles ) you can buy an insert from
    Aquadapter so you can screw on..

7. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

right cheers do you have a link or can you recommend me a retailer for the one you are suggesting please thanks.

8. Belfastcleaning

Buy from aquadapter themselves

http://www.aqua-dapter.co.uk/aqua-dapter/aqua-dapter-mk3xl-blue-water-fed-pole-tap-bundle/

The first options will ask do you need a pole attachment.. So depending on the pole you buy you will then know if you need an attachment..

I use a slx22 and reaches 99.9% of my work, actually only 4 windows I need a bigger pole as these are high 3 story.. ( tho the slx22 does reach some 3rd story )

I would recommend a carbon fibre pole, wether it be gardiners or facelift.. Carbon fibre is so much easier and quicker to work with..

9. JDMW

JDMW Guru

i have the first aqua dapter coz it was on offer for 20 quid on there site, its a good tool but i go through no end of the connectors that clip on the end to attach the hose to it. must be 3 a month easy, they dont last very long.
    i use a hybrid phoenix pole and its not slowed me down, since i been using this new facelift pole ive sped up if anything. saves going to the gym for a work out i think. you get used to it after a week and you can chuck it about and it feels like a part of ya arm.

10. scotty_boy

scotty_boy Active Member

thanks for the replies im going to order the carbon fibre facelift 26 ul x and will get an adaptor to fit. any recommendations regarding the battery to power my pump? was looking to go with a 12v 12ah slim battery but i see most use normal car batteries? is that the best route to go down?

Advertisement