Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It's Christmas!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James

Been heavily snowing all today in Stafford but despite the set back I've managed to pick up 15 new customers, very happy with the result.

Anyone else been out braving the weather / working or canvassing?

James.

No buddy, doing interviews all day, I knew today was going to be a bit of a pour day going by the forecasts so thought today was a good time for it. No snow here in the west, just high winds and a few heavy showers.

Well done for picking up all those customers!

Cheers guys, yeah probably the worst saturday I could have picked but there's no exceptions! Every Sat is a canvassing day /emoticons/wink.png

James.

james i was just wandering if you dont mind me asking how long have you been established are you still building up your round as your out every sat canvassing ?

Mrtaytay, I'll give you an estimate as I'm not at home now, I'm on my cousins laptop.

8 houses we're semi-detatched with around 9 windows on each. I got all these for 13 pounds each.

4 houses we're biggish Town Houses with around 13-14 windows on each. I got these for £20-£23 (ranging on window sizes)

The other 3 houses we're extremely big (down a private road), they had around 25 windows accross the property and some had large conservatories. 2 of these houses we're priced at £40 each (around 35 minutes work).

The other was huge, and I mean ridiculously big. I can't remember how many windows he had but it was 50+ that Job was priced at £80 (£160 for inside and out which I will be doing every 3 months).

Hope this has helped you. It's hard to explain without showing you the properties.

Charlie Tapper - I've been established just over 3 months. Having said that I work EVERY single day without fail, even if I'm feeling ill as anything. I don't have much sleep (around 4-5 hours a ***ht)

James.

That's dedication for you. Well done mate but remember to have a life to. Snow just started here so really looking forward to Monday. Again James that's good going.

That is a fantastic days work James. So how many customers have you got since being established. I started up full time in november and have about 85...seem to get 4 or 5 new customers a week without canvassing. I just need to speed up!!!...I keep telling myself that, but I do find that first cleans always seem to take longer.

Speeding up will come in time. Main thing is to do a good job but as you get round to the 3rd or 4th cleans it gets easier. Speed will come my friend and takes a while. I always tried speeding up on conny windows as there usually dead square and you can detail them if it goes ***s up.

That is a fantastic days work James. So how many customers have you got since being established. I started up full time in november and have about 85...seem to get 4 or 5 new customers a week without canvassing. I just need to speed up!!!...I keep telling myself that, but I do find that first cleans always seem to take longer.
I have just over 300 customers at the moment, but always looking for more as I'm trying to expand. Yeah I tend to get quite a few referrals which is handy and I pick up a few each week from people poking their heads out of the door and shouting at me to do their windows. I think it all depends on which area your in in the UK. I imagine some places are completely packed out with winny cleaners and some aren't. Don't speed up what ever you do. If you speed up you will lose concentration and give out wrong quote prices etc, just take your time, build up a strong relationship with your customer. If you do this you won't lose customers (providing you do a good job) and you will have a customer for life (in theory).

Speeding up will come in time. Main thing is to do a good job but as you get round to the 3rd or 4th cleans it gets easier. Speed will come my friend and takes a while. I always tried speeding up on conny windows as there usually dead square and you can detail them if it goes ***s up.
Very true Posh! Speed comes in time, main thing to concentrate on is doing a really good job for your customers. That way you will earn respect and a good reputation at the same time!

James.

Back