Its.....sixty quids....

Discussion in 'Gutter & Fascia Cleaning' started by cheapncheerful, Jan 24, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. cheapncheerful

just made out the following...I dont get many like this and I am not to keen on work....:rolleyes:

1) Gutter clearout full house and also clear and check all downspouts. Price £60.oo (this may involve some dismantling and rebuilding of downspouts..)

2) Exterior gutter and facia and soffit board all around the house full clean down using virisol to remove built up grime and algae to include some removal by hand. Price £60.00

3) Front and side of house full washdown of all cladding.This will require some hand removal with magic sponges of built up lines of black grime and dirt. Price £60.00

4)Removal of all ivy from roof to ground on front side elevation. Price £60.00

5) First clean of all exterior windows / doors and removal of ingrained dirt. £25.00 normal clean price £10.00.

(Please note the outside kitchen tap is currently switched off inside and will be needed for all works and preferably a power outlet would help.)The above jobs could be done over time with only the gutter clearout an emergency matter.

Money could be saved by only having the ivy cut down to half way (half price) and kept under control in future.Also.....the same applies to the gutter facia soffit washdown if only the front was done the back could be done later.

A WHOLE job discount of £20.00 applies if all work is carried out.

maybe I should have priced the windows at sixty too!

I will let you know how many sixtys I get....its....one hundred and eighty...maybe...more....:D..

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If it's for that mansion then you have defo underpriced it :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

for that amount of work is cheap I think

4. cheapncheerful

thats me cheapncheerful....no that mansion thankfully has never got back to me....maybe my dry scrimming on the fronts didnt look so good when the sun shone on them the next morning:eek:

Actually...it started out £80 a job but ...i checked the house price and it was only £250.000 so I felt sorry for her:rolleyes:well she is from yorkshire and they like a good price that way on...

5. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

My flat is much cheaper but when it comes to charging me no one feels sorry,why would I then?

6. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

#6 rshandyman, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    Today I worked at the house worth 850 thousands and he said that 100 pounds for half a day seems a lot of money for him...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  7. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

And that gardener work for 12.50 per hour

8. cheapncheerful

yep you some times know how they like to keep hold of it...

and yep some of the poorer are really good payers...

but I priced at what I THINK it will take me to do the job....so ivy down and disposed of ..and scraped off with a chisel no doubt..two hours max at thirty an hour...hopefully....I WILL do it in an hour but who knows till I get started..do I want the jobs is more the question as I am a lazy bar steward and work always seems to seek me out.

bloomin pussycat one of my custys booked me again today I was rather hoping she would forget....she asked me to do inside before xmas and she smokes so I had no intention of falling for that one but she cancelled at the last minute so i escaped...

its okay really as....she let slip when she is home and when she is not and she pays for six months at a time.....hey...I may even get banana out for that one..:D

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I would have said "I was doing you a big favour as my normal rate for half a day is £250 so you got yourself a bargain":rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. rshandyman

rshandyman Forum Addict

I wish I could have said that

Advertisement