Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

People Who Are Never Home To Pay U

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Ive got a few /emoticons/smile.png but if they really take the piiiiisss then i will take them of my round /emoticons/smile.png ive done this to a lot of people.......... i had 1 lad in a flat wanting his windows cleaned and i agreed a price of £5.00 and i cleaned them once and couldnt get hold of him then cleaned them again and couldnt get hold of him again i rang him etc... he said hed be available tomorrow etc.... hed never be home so i toke him of my round as it was just a waste of time, So i was cleaning today and he comes up to me with 15 pound. payment 2x previous and 1 for now.

I go to him i toke u of my round cos u werent paying up. he goes to me im never home im always at my auntys... and he said knock their ill be their... i go to him i actually toke u off my round he goes have u i go yeah but ill put u back on... i go to him i do it to everyone cos theirs a few divvys about u no wat i mean and he understood and thats it /emoticons/smile.png

So it just shows all people who arent at home and dont do bacs transfer or anything arent all bad... they just have busy lifes

Well for people like this, you need to offer other ways.. A girl i recently got, she told me my last window cleaner stopped me as I was a bad payer and never in.. At first I thought sure I'll give you a go... Surely enough I could never get her in!! But I called one Sunday and spoke to her, and now she sends a cheque within a few days of cleaning

I made my own payment slips that i copied from another window cleaner. its got my website on for payments and says you can send me a cheque to my house. since i have done that last month i have had more people pay. buy its christmas and everyone seems to be buying presents and not paying the windy. i have a few good payers who actually owe me and havent paid yet.

its raining all day today so I was going to take my boy and go collecting...

I had one yesterday, who finally paid me after about 1 and a 1/2 years. /emoticons/ohmy.png I use online payments and cheques for customers who I cant get in, and I still get ones I need to remove, because they don't pay. I would take about 5 minutes, to pay online, no one is that busy they don't have 5 minutes. Some people just don't care, and don't have any intention of taking 5 minutes to pay there window cleaner.

I had one, who was always a bit of a jerk about it, saying he work away, and does get home until 8. This was when we used bookings, rather than working an area at a time, so he knew when we were coming. I said, we always get your daughter home, (who was prob about 18/19 so responsible enough,) why don't you just leave money out for her to pay us. Or if that's a problem, stick it in a envelope, and post it through your neighbours door, I do both there windows, and can speak to them about it, I am sure it would be a problem. Still no joy, so off the list he came.

I moved the long distance or people that were least likly to be in to BACS. To be honest its not made much difference.

I still need to hassale them to pay. Next thing Im going to try is get them on standing order. Less hassle

Back