Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

It's took a year...

Masons

but I think I have my business how I want it.

I will continue to press forward and to improve, I will still spend time canvassing and constantly strive to learn more and progress, but at the beginning of the year my work was here there and everywhere, I wasn't earning what I wanted and I didn't have the set-up I wanted. And I didn't have the experience this year has given me.

I will never have the perfect round, as you can always better your work.

But I am at the point where I'm happy with what I have and going into better seasons I have optimism.

Thanks for the tips and advice guys /emoticons/smile.png

congrats! wish i could say the same about my round i need to find a lot more work before my wife has to go back to work after maternity or sadly my business may have to go. gutted after all the work i put in. /emoticons/smile.png

Where abouts you work?

See you've updated your site, I like it.

Well the majority of jobs I have came from me knocking on doors and speaking to the people, offering a free quote.

I know you'll have done this but I honestly cannot fault it.

How long before it's make or break?

i am in Cornwall. probably 2 months and if not enough by then will have to call it a day /emoticons/sad.png

That sounds serious cyberpedz. Sorry to hear it. I have only been going a few months, but picking up customers each week...is it difficult down in cornwall or is it that windowcleaning will just not keep your household going, no matter what size your custom base is?

it seems to me my area is quite saturated but also Cornwall not being the best paid area means window clean is on the bottom of many peoples list of things to pay for.

its all on the area ive been out all over leeds areas and got nothing very hard people are not bothered as there is alot of tramps or people who dont work so they aint assed about it,or there 2 rich and tight!!!and only want 1 off cleans!!

sorry to here your news cyberpedz its hard times mate they say theres no money about but i was in town this weekend and everywere was rammed with shoppers?you mite as well keep plugging mate as i bet my bottom dollar you wont find a job.

i tried for 3 years whilst employed and got nothing thats why i jacked and doing this now;)

Hopefully the new year will bring in some new work.

Can you diversify a bit ? - maybe offer solar panel cleaning or fascias etc??

Hope it works out cyberpedz.

Back