Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure Water Smelling Like Dog?

James

I've picked up a new customer today and she says she got rid of her old window cleaner as his pure water smelled like dog.

Simple question. Anyone else had this?

Strange.

Maybe she has a dog, and the hairs all stick to the windows, and the water makes them smell?????

Sorry - can't think of a sensible answer

Pretty random isn't it? I didn't no what to say tbh, I think I just nodded and smiled politely.

James.

Reminds me of a customer I had about 10 years ago, who complained to the building maintenance committee that I wasn't wearing protective goggles! - I was cleaning traditionally.

Reminds me of a customer I had about 10 years ago, who complained to the building maintenance committee that I wasn't wearing protective goggles! - I was cleaning traditionally.
Hahahaha, so many funny people out there, you have to laugh.

James.

Funnu but could have some truth in it if there water was not pure.

I have noticed with my water if it is not pure I.e tds above 10 it starts to smell fishy.

I am trad, but last year when I went on holiday, I forgot to empty a bucket before I left, and when I came back the bucket smelled awful. It took a few days for the smell to disappear.

Back