Iv Lost Them All

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by david247, Nov 3, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. david247

david247 Banned

i just dont belive it i went on my round today and iv lost all but three customers.

some body has gone around my areas, "I HAVENT GIVEN THAT INFO OUT" AND UNDER CUT MY HOLE 13 CUSTOMERS
    i was doing a three bedroom house for 10 quid 2 twice a month lost that becouse shes getting a cheaper deal of 5.50 :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    and the other customers in down sedgley have gone as well.

why do i bother :(

Advertisement
  2. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Thats either bad luck or tough luck ???

Wouldnt of fancied being in your shoes lad but saying that i have puck up somd new customers up sedgley way
    I also know woodsetton windows clean around there and a 2 man trad set up .
    Its very rare for a cleaner to lose %90 of his work to under cutters in one go .

I have had customers come to me and i have actually charged more than the other cleaner.
    By as much as %50 .

3. david247

david247 Banned

thats what i did but i think it was the same guy who does that area and i thought that there was following me a citren belingo car blue two guys. it looks like a van but it had seats in it. and ladders on top.

i think i might go canvasing sunday down the same area again

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I know who they are mate they are idiots .

They are from darlaston just say to them i wonder if the social know your cleaning windows for a living .
    They will soon scarper !
    And i know they are both doleys as i know them personally .

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Takew reg plate down, then report them to the police lol or follow them and canvass there work. Window wars!!!! lol

6. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

That's not good mate... But just take yourself out canvassing and get more customers

7. laddergarder

I would report them to the police mate. Take a snap on your phone if you can.

I don't know that houses of how big the windows are, but if they are there and charge that amount, and are not going away, then you may have to lower your price a little for that area.

I am a big fan of the hotel inspector, and there was one guy on there, that would stick to his guns with his prices, and basically was told to consider reducing room prices for last minute bookings, rather than have empty rooms. Now I am absolutely the same. I had one guy on last night ask me to knock £1 off his price. He was told we don't negotiate our price like that, thats what it costs, it can't be done cheaper, or it wouldn't be a fair deal for me.

However there are also areas that I work, that I am well aware of other window cleaners, most likely buck shee, that charge pennies. In those areas, we try and keep our prices a little lower, and actively tell new customers, that 'we' are legitimate, we have a website, we are insured, licensed and all our staff have police checks etc etc. and we don't loss work.

There is one area, a guy was charging £3.50 a house, but scratched three customers windows, in the one block. those three came over to us, so we charge £5 and just told them, it would normally be more, but I know those guys are charging allot less, so that is as cheap as I can do it, but we are insured, and will pay for any damages, if the unfortunate happens.

We now do that whole, area, word spread I guess.

8. harunh

harunh Legend

Good stuff :)

9. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Ive recently noticed that its not all about price anymore. People are willing to pay extra is there getting a better service I have found.

10. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

I agree, shop them to the old bill- that type of thing just isnt on!! We work hard and build up a round for 2 twits on the dole to come round and undercut? No way!

Its stories like this that make me glad to remember the lad I run my business with has been training in MMA at the local fight centre for 12 years :p

Advertisement