Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I've got a £5k budget & need advice on a WFP system plz

WCF

Help Support WCF:

On a taller van a tailgate makes window cleaning life easier if you are short but carrying ladders gets in the way of the tailgate opening properly.
I agree. I have a tailgate on my transporter, ladders aren't a problem as long as you push it forwards a bit. It 100% makes things easier, and given the choice I’d choose a tailgate on my next van.

Hi boys & girl windys

I have been a trad windy for a while now & feel the need to go WFP as there are a lot of potential customers I have to pass up as many windows i simply cannot reach with ladders & steps.

As far as my van goes it is only an Astra van so height is a factor here when it comes to fitting a tank but im sure there is a decent amount of space for a tank, pump & RO+DI

90% of my customer base is domestic houses a the rest are shop fronts etc.

While i have anyone who's willing to help/guide me on these questions then suggest a tank/pump RO+DI hose reel & WFP then fire away as I'm fortunate enough to have what I consider a decent budget that I've saved long & hard for.

Really any advice would be great as there are some proper gurus on here.

Thanks in advance.
first of all you need a bigger van IMO....that van is just not suitable for WFP....you need a 500L tank as a minimum if you work on your own and a van with a payload of 900-1000kg.....i use nearly 500L in 5 or 6 hours work (most days).....

first of all you need a bigger van IMO....that van is just not suitable for WFP....you need a 500L tank as a minimum if you work on your own and a van with a payload of 900-1000kg.....i use nearly 500L in 5 or 6 hours work (most days).....
I don't why people get all over this when people have 350ltr tanks there are two man teams on here using 650ltr tanks but no one says owt, 

I have been on about this before depending on my work day I can do 20-30+ houses a day with 350ltrs with a very good flow rate and using 100 degree fan jets, just the odd days where I'll put one or two 25ltr containers in my van

but I ain't doing what some would call full days I start after 8.30am typically and I am usually home before 4pm and spend some days chatting away to custys, yes get a 500ltr tank if you are out at 8am or before and working as late as possible like up to 5pm, in over 12 years of been wfp I ain't ever needed or considered a 500ltr tank 

I don't why people get all over this when people have 350ltr tanks there are two man teams on here using 650ltr tanks but no one says owt, 

I have been on about this before depending on my work day I can do 20-30+ houses a day with 350ltrs with a very good flow rate and using 100 degree fan jets, just the odd days where I'll put one or two 25ltr containers in my van

but I ain't doing what some would call full days I start after 8.30am typically and I am usually home before 4pm and spend some days chatting away to custys, yes get a 500ltr tank if you are out at 8am or before and working as late as possible like up to 5pm, in over 12 years of been wfp I ain't ever needed or considered a 500ltr tank 
Same as me tbh if I did need more water  All my work Is  just literally a couple of minutes drive home and would top up during lunch break but only eve done  that a couple times. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I only work 5 or 6 hour days...I have very little water left in my tank most days....also you can never use ALL your water in your tank or you end up with air locks all the time...

Do you still trad some work too?I have very little trad work left.im 99%WFP these days and wash doors down as well as frames,sills and glass....

I only work 5 or 6 hour days...I have very little water left in my tank most days....also you can never use ALL your water in your tank or you end up with air locks all the time...

Do you still trad some work too?I have very little trad work left.im 99%WFP these days and wash doors down as well as frames,sills and glass....
Very rare I fully drain my tank at the end of each day I just close the tap on tank outlet.

I am 100% wfp and have been for over 12 years, I thoroughly clean all frames, glass, sills and doors each time I do every job.

Your probably scratching your head as much as I am as to why I use 350ltrs and you are using 500ltrs I really don't get how you use so much each day on regular jobs, obviously there are variables size of jobs compact work etc, but I still don't get you using 500trs 

Very rare I fully drain my tank at the end of each day I just close the tap on tank outlet.

I am 100% wfp and have been for over 12 years, I thoroughly clean all frames, glass, sills and doors each time I do every job.

Your probably scratching your head as much as I am as to why I use 350ltrs and you are using 500ltrs I really don't get how you use so much each day on regular jobs, obviously there are variables size of jobs compact work etc, but I still don't get you using 500trs 
When I was working on my own starting at 8:15 finishing at 16:30 ish I would empty a 650 ltr tank most days , and that wasn’t blasting water everywhere, most of my friends  who are sole traders use between 500-700 per day , I have no idear how you use so little ?????

When I was working on my own starting at 8:15 finishing at 16:30 ish I would empty a 650 ltr tank most days , and that wasn’t blasting water everywhere, most of my friends  who are sole traders use between 500-700 per day , I have no idear how you use so little ?????
Maybe hot water ain't so great after all, you are using far too much water ?

I think I use a lot more water with hot. On the same controller for setting.

At one time I believed that a single operator would need 500 liters a day so the lads had 500 litre tanks in their vans.

My son now works with me (when he's not looking after the grandchildren) and he prefers to use a back pack. His water usage is much less. His rinsing time is much longer than mine by his setup time is much less.

The 2 of us probably get through about 500 liters a day.  On my own I can't begin my 650 liter tank and make it last 2 days, so I use a little more than 350 liters a day.

I am much slower cleaning windows than I used to be. It's not the time I spend on each window that's much different, rather the setting up, getting about and packing away that takes the time now. Hot water might warm the pole a bit and make hose management easier but doesn't help with setup and packing away. ?

I use a 350l tank and it always surprises me how long it takes to go down. Univalve on both poles and just being careful with how much we use. If we need to fill up (when there are two of us), we're never far from home to enable us to do this.

When I use hot water though (immersion heater setup), the water does empty a lot faster. You notice that the flow increases with hot, someone said because the water changes viscosity (I think?).

I am much slower cleaning windows than I used to be. It's not the time I spend on each window that's much different, rather the setting up, getting about and packing away that takes the time now. Hot water might warm the pole a bit and make hose management easier but doesn't help with setup and packing away. ?
That's when the electric reels come into their own. I could work all day with hot water, extreme pole, tapertec 35cm brush, hoseless setup and electric reel. Only thing left to do is hire someone and I just sit in the van and do the driving. ?

Our tank is 500 and 2 of us work 9 till 2 but if I need water my double di is in van carry garden hose use customers tap we don't have meters 

Latest Posts

Back