I've heard it all now!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Matty H, Feb 29, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

One of my custies told me a story today which left me in shock but also made me laugh :D

Her mother lives in a Large detached house 5 bed, 2 bathrooms etc... And she doesn't have a window cleaner because of the cost - I actually quoted her £20 but she said she wouldn't pay more than £10 and as its a bit out of my way I naturally declined..

She gets a knock on the door last week - some polish lad with his girlfriend (weird) asking if she wants her windows cleaned - "how much" she says - back came the reply £5 for the lot - now that sets alarm bells ringing to me but as she told me she would pay £10 she obviously accepted his offer. He said he would come back later to do them (even weirder) so around 3 hours later he returns carrying a ROUND black bucket, a chamois cloth and some washing up liquid. He knocks the door, she answers he hands her the bucket and says "can you fill thaf with hot water please and I don't suppose you have a set of ladders" ;) I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!!

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

sounds like every tradder i know

3. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

haha cheeky git he could of at least brought his own water

4. Iain

Iain Guru

Another cowboy. No doubt trading without any insurance either!

5. Ha ha fantastic. We clean the windows of a hair salon. When we started the manager told me that the previous window cleaner turned up to clean the front of the salon, he came into the salon picked up one of her brand new tall leather chairs took it outside and used it to stand on to reach the top of the glass. Hence why he was the old cleaner and we got the job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

People like that give us a bloody bad name!

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.

7. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Don't knock 'em. If you're any way decently presented the customer will appreciate your professional presentation and you will be even more secure in their eyes.

8. simon

simon Guru

lmao vito61 is right though people like that make the ones who do a proper job more sought after & more valuable

9. Very true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i had a lad working with me for a few days last wek, who works for a other wc, and he was telling me that when they go to jobs, his boss always fills up his tank to replace the water he has just used on the people houses, and they do a hotel every month, said he once caught him asleep in one of the rooms and is know for vanishing and returning after having a shower and a shave

Advertisement