I've just quit my job :-O

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by BenjiRixon, Jul 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. BenjiRixon

BenjiRixon Active Member

Well as some of you may know I'm a full time chef and part time window cleaner. I have only a few days work on my own round as I haven't done hardly any canvassing and about 2-3 weeks work on my mates round a month.

Anyway I seen the boss woman tonight and told her I'm finishing in the kitchen come sept in 5 weeks time! Just fed up to the back teeth of chefing and working with my mate is not very stable.

So decided to bite the bullet, needless to say the missis hit the roof but she does know window cleaning is better money than chefing and it's a job I love.

Bit nervous but I know I'll never get out there to canvass and build a round while I'm still chefing and helping my mate so it's got to be done.

I know I can work with my mate as and when we go to sorta keep the wolf from the door but need to get out there and make it happen!

Hopefully September will be kind to me ....... Who knows

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

;) big step Ben
    if your keen just bat on the work will come it will be best move you have done

3. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

gert out every hour u can and canvas

do facebook advertising for free on all your local buy and sell groups

get ads up on gumtree as cheap

bascially work like **** and make it so when u do transcend it not a big a knock on the wallet

4. BenjiRixon

BenjiRixon Active Member

Cheers guys. I won't lie my **** is twitching a bit but I know it makes sense. Just hoping it's not too late in the year, but as long as weather is fair I'll be happy. I'm quite good at canvassing, just a matter of doing it, very little free time to do it at the moment but i know it'll come :)

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Brave lad. NOW you have to make it work.

6. Ant

Ant Well-Known Member

Nice one Benji! You know you won't regret it.

I understand that until September, spare time will be limited for you, so you'll do what you can and when that time comes you can put all your energy (if you have any left) into building up your round. You'll also pick up work from people just approaching you while you work, I've gained quite a few customers like that.

Anyway happy day's mate and good luck :thumbsup:

7. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If you need the work you will find it
    I was a little quiet tomorrow so done the facebook thing..knocked some doors..got approached from a recommendation. .and now have £140 of work tomorrow instead of £60
    You just have to spend every available moment doing it
    You've been knackered this long so worth 5 weeks solid to then chill and earn decent money

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Best thing you could've done. Don't look back.
    I did the same thing last autumn. Life is good now.

9. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Yell.com give you a free, one line posting on their website...I don't get loads from it, maybe one call per fortnight but as it costs nothing it's not too bad....good luck, you're a braver man than me.

10. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Good luck BenjiRixon! Congrats on showing the metal to quit your job! Could end up being the best thing you ever did :)

Advertisement