I've Quit My Stressful Job, Hoping To Enjoy A Less Stressful Window Cleaning Business

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by steele, Jul 1, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steele

steele Well-Known Member

Name : Colin

Cleaning Method : Trad

Years cleaning : 0

Area : Buckinghamshire

About me : About to quit my job as a Deputy Ward Manager at a psychiatric hospital, will still work as an agency nurse to top up mortgage, bill money etc, but hope to earn primarily from working as a window cleaner and garden maintenance.

I'm sure people will tell me not to quit my day job, but if I don't I'm going to get sectioned soon myself. I've enough of the abuse and long hours. It's never too later to change :)

I'll be asking many questions, I'll try and read whats already been posted but I apologize in advance if I repeat old topics.

Thanks

Colin

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome to to forum Colin. You will find plenty of useful info on here. Search is your friend, but if you can't find what your looking for please post away, their are many helpful members on here.

3. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Hi Mate, well done for taking the plunge. Have you any experience window cleaning? I'm sure we'll all help as much as we can..

4. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome to the forum colin

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Think some on here could do with your help including me :Image3:
    Now what was is saying? :Image16:

Oh thats it... welcome Colin

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Greetings

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Good luck and welcome.

8. newleaf

newleaf Member

Hi Colin

Not to far away from you, Oxfordshire, and i'm just about to start building a small round for myself too, around 60 or 65 houses to add on to my carpet cleaning business.

Good luck, i know what it's like to be stressed, i use to be a Sup-Postmaster running a busy Post Office but after 2 years couldn't take it any longer so sold, retrained as a mortgage adviser at begining of 2007 only for the market to crash in early 2008 and being a carpet cleaner since and soon to be window cleaner, hardly every have any stress now, its been hard work though and some months have been very tough financially.

Best of luck.

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Colin, you only live once. Do what makes you happy. I can honestly say if I won the lotto I'd still clean windows. Not as many as I do now, I'd sack the jobs/people I dislike and do the nice ones in my own leisurely time.

Go for it, it's ace!

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Not ace in the winter though :-(

Advertisement