Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting to get leave them from now on texts

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Poles Apart

They are citing money problems as the reason I think the effects of Brexit being constantly banged on about on the news and constant increases last week it was car insurance today energy price increases then there's food prices, fuel and the Pound thought we'd got over the financial crises surprised this hasn't been discussed more but I have noticed a few posts regarding cancelling becoming more prevalent.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Not affected me at all

In fact i picked up work pretty much every day the last 2 weeks

London is where all the tax money goes Daveyboy,, :whistle:there's so much money around London I'm not surprised your not been effected as of yet /emoticons/sad.png

We'll never be over the financial crisis whilst we have bribed politicians (sorry, lobbied MPs) acting like children fighting over a ball live on tv. But being self employed at least distances us from the brilliant minds at H.Q.. Where one falls, may two call /emoticons/wink.png

I've been picking up too,but had a 'leave it this time'..today. one chance they get with that one,then an explanation of how I expect things. No more second chances.

There is too much work out there to be messing with late payers or leave it this time ppl.

There definitely is work out there Chris

I can only speak for my area but i am getting busier every day at the mo

I think things will progressively get worse over the coming months , years! Everything going up all the time and wages dragging well behind! I've had to go back on a PAYE job for the moment but still doing jobs part time! I am going to be back self employed full time as soon as I can manage it, but you will probably burn me at the stake for saying this but when I do go back full time as an exterior cleaner I'm going to be offering window cleaning as an add on offering one offs only and charging a good rate for them too!

Where I live trying to do windows full time is extremely difficult but I think if allot of folk weren't held to a regular window cleaning contract lots more folk where I live anyways would be more willing to pay a premium for a window Clean when they wanted one!

Food for thought /emoticons/tongue.png

They are citing money problems as the reason I think the effects of Brexit being constantly banged on about on the news and constant increases last week it was car insurance today energy price increases then there's food prices, fuel and the Pound thought we'd got over the financial crises surprised this hasn't been discussed more but I have noticed a few posts regarding cancelling becoming more prevalent.

Nope not affected at all as busy as I have ever been , How long have you been in business Poles Apart and what's your work area like your work area a type of customer may be the issue .

Also getting this a lot or just not paying being difficult plus most windows are clean in my area.

To many window cleaners hear, unfortunatly will probably have to call it a day soon.

Last edited:
Up here in the North West I've personally found work to be finding me, I also increased my prices by about 3%. and haven't lost any so far and currently changing over to WFP.

I think a lot of the problems are that if people say and think recession, they may well talk themselves into it.

im seeing a large increase in new start ups even a dpd driver was dilevering a few weeks back he jumped out and said i said yes m8 thinking he wants a price or card he then said my m8 has just started up window cleaning and is ramed all redy he looked exited im now thinking he may start to wfp has made the job look to easy and now every tom **** an harry wants to start i no there is lots of work out there but saturaion is defo on the cards in the near fucher but on the other flip of the coin its takin me 9 weeks to get round this time lol as ive had lots of upvc cleaning i even picked up a conny roof and the window above clean as there trad cleaner cant do the hole house so she now has to cleaners i could have got the hole job but im not like that dont wana nick any ones work so happy to do just the conny as im not one of the new breed that slate ladder work and through in the h.s card when ever i can :rolleyes:

Totally saturated were I am and some are charging peanuts more so on shop fronts I only do one for £10.00 and another windy I know who has been cleaning well over 25 years came over to have a quick chat he has most of the shops and said he lost it last year when he was raising the price from £4 to £5 . The ones doing the shops and pubs are undercutting each other just to get the work of each other .

And I know he is doing 1980-90's 3 bed semi for around £5.00 and he isn't the only longterm windy charging the same , Also I was taking to a really good longterm custy yesterday and he was shocked when I told him the pricing structure in the North East of England has barely changed in 24 years, I charge a bit more but still a similar pricing structure as a basic guide then add some .

Last edited by a moderator:
Not affected me at allIn fact i picked up work pretty much every day the last 2 weeks
Same here Davey, texts coming through saying 'you clean our neighbours- can you price ours'

Also getting a lot of 'end of tenancy cleans' & one offs. I've ALWAYS turned them down because I'm just too lazy and/or old to do hard graft minging windows anymore.....

Changed that recently and just quote super high.... Everyone saying Yes :eek:

Remember if you are a one man band you only need a small amount of regular customers. Let's say 300 or whatever a month.

There's approx 300'000 houses within a 10 mile radius of where I live.

Keep advertising and dumping eventually it will come together.

Have you thought about offering ad on services to fill the gaps as the round takes shape?

Saturation will happen as poling makes it easier, however, the jobs not as easy as that. Lot more to it than that. No holiday pay, no sick pay, no maternity pay, pay own tax & ni. You need to learn marketing, you need to be a good organiser.. it's not going to be for everyone.. Not to mention that not everyone has access to RO water or can collect it as you need a drive..

I've been doing this for 25 years but I'm noticing now it's getting tougher to hold on to work I find chasing BACS payments hard work I sent texts out to 250 Customers last week asking them for email addresses so I could push Go Cardless didn't get one text back.

@Poles Apart just start lettering the slow payers that it's go cardless or nothing. Do so as you replace one by one with a new customer who signs up to go cardless. That's my plan for out of town anyway

Back