Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp Winter Cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tattooed window cleaner

I need to pick ya brains,on trads I use to clean down to -5,I on WFP now n wondered if anyfin to add to me tank to work below zero,without the obvious use of hotwash

Just a fawt

Ideas or suggestion welcome

Thanks

Nothing, just stop the metal parts of the system freezing, valves, taps etc. The water if 100% pure won't freeze in this country. I have had mine still liquid at -15° when we were testing.

If you were to add IPA to it you would need a 10% solution (this is based around the 10% being 99% IPA) to make a slight difference to tap water. So in a 500l tank you would need 50l of 99% IPA ££££

In 2010 we got it rough in our area for around two weeks.

We made a very weak solution of pure water and isopropanol. As long as you don't go mad it stops water from freezing.

This only helps with hose,jets and fittings. The water will still freeze on windows and paths.

oil filled rad over nte an a lpg heater for ur sistem or buy a top of the range deisel heater with frost protection ,i just trad when its to cold i use neet screen wash pore it neet on mop i wrk in any temp lol

Below zilch is a mugs game, I'd rather starve.

For those who use drums, if you leave them o/night in the house and get them up to room temp, they will last all day in temps around zero, even when hose trails in snow.

If your holding tank (ibc) freezes, if you wedge a hot water bottle around the outlet neck of the woods, it may help defrost enough water to fill up, I tried it last year for a laugh, couldn't believe it worked!

haha ur a wimp chip i wrk in -5 -6 lol no prob im sat there fishing in them temps all day even my bull terrier the sun wershiper dont flinch :Image9: :Image13:

I int a wimp, just been there, done it and didn't like it!

(actually, I am getting a bit soft!)

Back