Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter upvc mix

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere but, what mix should be ok for gutters connys etc, slowly getting my softwash setup how I want it, I've got 36l tank that I'm going to connect a shurflo pump and my old reel to, in that tank will only be used for gutters and that so it'll be the same mix all the time.

I think you would be better off doing them wfp, if you want to pre treat with virosol /tfr etc mix about 10/1 spray on leave for a couple of muinets then scrub and rinse

Yeah been doin it that way for years. I tried hypo on a couple of jobs last year and it was amazing, one gutter job I'd been doing for past 5yrs and it never really came up that well, but with hypo I think it was 2% it came up really well with hardly any effort and 3times quicker.

Yes the only problem is that the dirt is still there it's just that you cannot see it as it's bleached it , the surface will be sterilised due to the hypo , but as a rough surface is left behind with the dirt still there it will attract dirt quicker and look bad again quicker , that's what we found anyway

I will be using my pole and brush like normal, just that hypo will come out of it. Spray the gutters go back to van switch the flow from my little hypo tank over to my pure water tank and agitate and rinse

We do a few where there is nothing to ruin near by, but often there is awnings, plants etc on residential. No mostly opt for ubik at 10-1

for gutter cleaning scrap ubik and virosol there naff try scott dunning tfr 20 its got hypo in it im shore it works so well on upvc i have a pump on it to i can dose with out waste as its £20 for 5 leters its also clear so u can spray and leve with out werry it will stain when dryed on it u only need 5 leters of water with 150mill of his tfr i use 200mill of the gutters are realy bad

6eca4101d67225609eb3d961c3b383ad.jpg
38475d0fe58f9fac275e52fda4d48208.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I don't think i'd use hypo on Upvc, it could discolour it i would have thought. If i'm wrong then i stand corrected.

However i saw the effect on some white sills that a customer had a go at with household bleach..... and it wasn't pretty.

Ubik does a great job on upvc and wont harm it at all.

I wouldn't want to use it that strong as it can turn white plastic yellow , also not good if it drips on the customer , or the paths as then they will be all blotchy to , unless you are doing a compleat house and path clean it will look terrible with the clean spots , I did experiment with hypo on really bad plastics , I did half with hypo and half withvirosol I didn't find it made any difference on the plastic that has a grey etching on it , I Evan tried cream cleaner by hand and that didn't help either , I think if it's that bad the plastic needs replacing , , for normal soiling virosol,ubick, tfr etc will give excellent results that the customer is happy with without causing bleaching of surrounding surfaces or yourself getting covered in it

Neat? It's suppose to change the colour to pink lol but does change back to white after a few hours.. I've never used hypo neat..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
yes a had some old gutter pipe in my garden i just gluged some 15% hypo on it neat to c what happend dident go pink or diss colour in any way for me, i used neat hypo on some render on a garage the grean went in seconds i then runced it with hose pipe job done 1 happy custmer

Scott one is Caustic TFR20. I've been looking at it myself and watched a couple of his youtube vids, looks good and worth a try. I use Ubik currently but want something better
try it m8 it realy is a lot beta than ubik and it lasts longer as u use less i use 200mill in 5 leters of water that will do a huge house no problim using a pole with fan jet on low
16422822_1794805004114825_3173958195132679478_o.jpg

try it m8 it realy is a lot beta than ubik and it lasts longer as u use less i use 200mill in 5 leters of water that will do a huge house no problim using a pole with fan jet on low

Back