Jetwashing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gmeister, Mar 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Looking at this one that MK advised a while ago!

http://www.jetmac.co.uk/13hp-loncin-jetwashers?pm2_a=show&pm2_id=21#!prettyPhoto[pi]/1/

A couple of questions.

Does it have to be 13hp or can you work ok on a 5hp(around that mark)

Am assuming you use outdoor tap? Or do you use your tanks in your van?

If you use outdoor tap and there wasnt one, can you use one of them hozzlelock adaptor for the kitchen sink, any good?

Come across posts(Smurfs) where you use a bin for water? Whats that about?

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

id recommend 3000 psi 13 or 14 hp and a minium of 15 lpm and a turbo nozzle , you can draw your water supply from the customers tap in their house if necessary , if you go for a smaller spec washer it will cost you a lot of time .the reason for using a bin is because the tap pressure in most houses wouldnt have enough pressure and water to supply the washer .

3. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I was advised not to use a tap, I was told it would pro-long the life of it if I was taking it from a barrel. Which to be faire if your spending all that on one you really want to make it last. All you need is a 25ltr barrel or small bucket. Just run a the hose from the tapto the barrel / bucket. then let the pressure washer sook it from the barrel / bucket.

If they dont have an outdoor tap I ask you use the inside tap (make sure you have different connection for all taps) failing that I have only had to do this once but I have a 1000litre water tank I dropped it off (empty) at the house. Filled it up when it was suitable for the customer. Then went back when I had time (next day) and done it that way.

Ive tried using that tank in my van It never worked well for me. lol. Go for something about 15 litre per min. I was told no less than 10 litre per min

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry I have no idea what mk advised you to get

5. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Wouldnt the washer draw water from the barrel faster then it can fill up at 15ltr per min?

6. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Sorry the link is in the post, some reason it didnt copy and paste properly!

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

It all depends on the water pressure. You wont constantly have your hand on the trigger, well I dont. Im not sure how others work. This should give it time to fill back up.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If tap pressure is pants you will soon be playing catch up using a 25ltr gorilla tub/container trust me I know. Can take twice as long to do a job waiting for the water to keep refilling.

That is why I will be starting to use a 210 litre wheelie bin in future on all jobs so will not need to be stopping so much. Ideally would like to build myself a pressure washer trailer rig in the near future as would be a lot quicker to use.

9. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

This is a pic off my set up using a wheelie bin, the bin is constantly getting topped up from the mains and i have a ball valve in it too stop it overflowing, verey rarely i run it dry but some areas have poor mains so i use my ibc on a trailer.
    North Street 002 (Copy).JPG
    North Street 003 (Copy).JPG

10. johnny bravo

Donny if its possible can you show some pics of your wheely bin set up with your interior set up. usually when i see ahow a setup is conected up, general diy will kick in.
    Have you fixed a hoselock fitting in the rear pop of bin, how is the float fitted,i guess its the same as a cistern, be great to get a peek. give me an idea how to set up.
    cheers.

Advertisement