job pricing

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by johnny bravo, Jun 4, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. johnny bravo

What would you charge for this job,
    Guy phones me up today asking if i can get job done by sun / mon. this week.
    Short notice,£££ how much, Its in North East. Middlesbrough. IMG_1546.JPG IMG_1545.PNG IMG_1545.PNG IMG_1545.PNG IMG_1546.JPG IMG_1545.PNG

Advertisement
  2. johnny bravo

Gutter/facia/upvc, Windows,/ Conny, as a quick response i said around £60 maybe a bit more depending on dirt accumulated on property. Around 15 minutes drive . Im thinking too low. Ill have to stop being too nice

3. Jamesndc

Jamesndc Member

Yes I think you've been nice there lol.
    I'm based in north east too. I've realised with these sort of jobs defiantly need to priced correctly.
    When I say correctly, I mean say for example it takes you hour and half, Could you make more doing your regular window cleans in this time? Also it's very short notice.
    I think i would of said £100maybe more. I try see all kind of these jobs so I know roughly how long it would take us.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

I'd go £130, £30 for windows as 1st clean and £100 to clean everything else

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Add a ton to that price IMO.

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I did one today marginally larger. Gutters. Conny all whites NO windows. £280.

7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Just the conny roof in this pic was £80

Attached Files:

8. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Problem you have when asking for opinions on pricing is we're all from different parts of the country and pricing varies greatly. Hopefully you'll get some replies from other windies near you.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

9. Alan Kirwan

Alan Kirwan Member

From donny
    Iam from Doncaster and I would say £60 for guttering fascia £25 conny and £8 for Windows may lead to other jobs maybe if neighbours see you

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

It actually only varies based on one factor..... mentality of the window cleaner.

'Oh I live up north so I cant charge what they get down south' well that's total toss.

2 years ago my average 'per house' price was £7.80, Today it's £15.20. More than double.

I did the same as everyone. Price low stack high thinking that's good business sense, I avoided posh houses thinking 'ooh they wont have me' and basically mentally undervalued myself in a big way.

Only issue was a lack of confidence in what I was selling which ultimatley was me. Also I was rather skint and priced on something being better than nothing.

Now the money is in the bank and business is booming and I only hit affluent areas when looking for more work, i dont even entertain council estates any more.

We have been looking at relocating back to south London and have asked friends there how much they pay their window cleaners and in 6 of 7 cases it was less than I would charge and also some jobs the southern lads have posted on here are well below my rates so just shows that the whole 'ohh down south pays more' mentality is nonsense / myth. (With the exception of London proper)

As always though, just my personal observations and opinions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement