Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How To Look When Canvassing?

buzzing

I have been wearing my white shirt with company name on it and black semi- casual trousers ete when canvassing to give a good impression. But even with two or three white t-shirts under the shirt with a logo it is freezing walking around like this in this weather at this time of year. And hands are freezing. What should I do? Just put my leather jacket on or woollen jumper and hide the white shirt with my company's logo on it and wear gloves and canvass? or wear more t-shirts? I worry if I don't wear my white shirt I won't give a good impression! Problem is it's short sleeved as well!

View attachment 955

I wear a clean hi viz jacket, looks official enough and you can get em with your company name on /emoticons/biggrin.png

must be cold mate

just wear laods of t shirts underneath and then a thermal top and a full shirt on /emoticons/smile.png

Same as donny,

Went knocking with uniform on without hi viz one night, didn't get a thing. Next night went round with company hi viz on and picked up near £100 worth of work,

Same as donny,
Went knocking with uniform on without hi viz one night, didn't get a thing. Next night went round with company hi viz on and picked up near £100 worth of work,
hmm thats good ill keep this in mind

U reckon just wear a hi-viz top with smart trousers and shoes should do it? Where can i buy one of those jackets? Travis Perkins? How can I get a logo on the hi Viz? Also when really cold, do you think gloves puts customers off? U dont reckon wear my casual leather jacket or wool jumper?

I wear a clean hi viz jacket' date=' looks official enough and you can get em with your company name on /emoticons/biggrin.png[/quote']Where abouts can u get it with name on? And these jackets warm?

U reckon just wear a hi-viz top with smart trousers and shoes should do it? Where can i buy one of those jackets? Travis Perkins? How can I get a logo on the hi Viz? Also when really cold' date=' do you think gloves puts customers off? U dont reckon wear my casual leather jacket or wool jumper?[/quote']I just wear work trousers, black t-shirt, black jumper, and hi viz vest with company details on it.If it's cold I wear my company jacket under the hi viz.

Gloves are fine, it's cold out there.

A hi viz jacket won't keep you warm, you wouldn't even feel a different, they paper thin.. Buy yourself a proper coat, regretta do some good ones, thick water proof hood.. My local embroider place does them with logo for £35..

A hi viz jacket won't keep you warm' date=' you wouldn't even feel a different, they paper thin.. Buy yourself a proper coat, regretta do some good ones, thick water proof hood.. My local embroider place does them with logo for £35..[/quote']Depends what one you get, there are fleece lined ones that are for winter use.

i canvass in my normal work gear, with my boab and a cloth in my belt, people see your a windy straight away and let there guard down a little as they dont see windies as hard-push salesmen etc. seems to work for me at least. and yh if its cold il wear a black jacket over the top of everything

ner hi viz or ive got a fleece with company name on it doesn't really matter tbh as long as you look clean and tidy and ant got beans down the front of your top you should be ok

I wear a adidas coat ( what football managers wear ) sinilar to arsene wenger their long n padded /emoticons/smile.png lol

Back